2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews 42

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!
By Jerry Blankenship on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Over the years I have owned a number of suv's from all major american manufactures except Jeep. If I had known how nice they were, I would have had one before now.

Great
By Ramos on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am an Office products technician by trade, I travel alot of miles between service calls, it holds my inventory with room to spare, so far in the last 2300 miles (it's new), I have ave'd 18.5 miles per gallon. The ride is very smooth, great response, enough power to get out of the way and with the cruise control on, it's a nice quiet ride. Sound sys, which is not the best they offer..is outstanding. Don't just sit there, go get yours.

extremely pleased
By regor on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Went from Dodge Durango to Jeep Overland. Well satisfied with interior design and comfort, as well as quality of vehicle inside and out. Short legs so pleased with adjustable pedals, as well as memory adjustments and GPS. Performs better than my 5.9L Dodge. Ride is more like car than truck.

Man I love it!
By Youn Kim on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited to the '93 (same model) I had. The old one ran fine, but getting everything repaired at the dealer just got too expensive for such an old car. I had a little less than 150K on it so I'm expecting to get similar mileage before I get another new car on this 04 GJC. My new car is simply joyful to drive and to own! It has power, comfort, and style. I just love driving this car, even though I don't go off road. So far no problem except for groaning when shifting from R to D. My old 93 did this too. I'm not sure if it's normal.

Real Quality, Real Value
By Donw on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since I purchased my Overland, I have found this vechile to be everything I had wanted from a 4wd, V8, vechile. As a previous Cherokee owner that had already been sold on the value of the Jeep brand, the new Overland has impresssed me with its appearance, power, comfort and all around quality. Hats off to the Chrysler / Jeep team.

reliability
By 3rd jeep on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 4th jeep. i've had a '92 cherokee, a '98 grand cherokee and a '99 grand cherokee. the performance seems very weak and my '99 has more pickup on road than this car. the interior design and features are nice however. i have had a gasket problem since i've had it and over the 5 years i've had my '99, i've had to take it in serveral times for air conditioning problems and transmission slippage

freedom v8
By granddad on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this jeep is sharp, with the options that i wanted and the power there when needed. easy to drive .

jeep cherokee
By Rosie on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Things I would improve: The arm rests need softening, the center console could be a little larger, the rear privacy shade over the "trunk" area should be included,not optional,deeper netted pockets in trunk area, pockets needed on back of front seats(no place to put an Atlas).

Great for the money!!!
By CPR on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife needed a replacement for her tired '94 GC Laredo and we expected to be restricted to a "mini" sport ute. We looked at the Mazda Tribute, the Saturn Vue, etc., but felt like we would have been robbed for the $24K+ price. She really wanted a GC. I knew they listed ~$29K, so I wasn't too enthusiatic about getting one on our budget. Was I wrong! Let's just say that City Motors will be getting more of my business! I can't believe we almost paid more for a mini-ute that you can't really take off road (WAY off road)!!!

Amazing!
By nico on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo (4.7L V8, Quadratrac II, the works in the Laredo basically). That vehicle was quite impressive itself. When I recently purchased my new monster, I just about cried. Even better styling than before, more power than the old stock 4.7L. My new machine comes with the Quadradrive tranny, making it a true beast. Independent left to right torque split lets me do anything!! It is true that the GC is not the best on- road SUV out there, but who cares!! To me, this Jeep is not for the weak in foot. Drive!!!