2004 Rocky Mountain Edition Grand Cherokee
By vatowerman on
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my Rocky Mountain Edition as a dealer demo. Fully loaded with all options except the navigation system. It is a Jeep - meaning that it has its quirks and faults. That being said; I wouldn't own anything else. I use this vehicle for my job which is building cell towers in extremely remote and rural areas such as mountain top sites. This Grand Cherokee has never left me stranded and no major problems. But keep in mind that a Jeep does need constant maintenance and care. It is not a Honda or a Toyota that you can abuse and not have any consequences. Flush the tranny every 30k, flush the cooling system every 30k, change out the differential and transfer case fluids every 40k.
Favorite Features
The Jeep Selec-Trac 4WD is second to none. Don't waste your money on Toyotas, Nissans, Subaru or Land Rovers if you want a real, proven 4WD drive train. For me...it is Jeep or just don't buy it.
Suggested Improvements
Replace the stock brake rotors with slotted and grooved performance rotors by PowerStop and you will never have to fight the dreaded warped rotor issue again. Jeep should be ashamed of the sorry wiring configuration that they installed to the drivers door harness. It will break - guaranteed. What I have found through trial and error is to re-wrap the harness and add a 2nd ground as a back up for the the primary ground wire breaks.