2004 GC Laredo (4.0L I6)
By pghegseth on
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
Previously owned a '96 Laredo 4x4 (purchased in 2000) and loved it. Perhaps the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 240,000 miles with only minor maintenance and still eating up miles (my son has it now). I bought the 2004 Laredo twelve years later to replace it, I had to have the indestructable I6 engine! Very pleased with it so far. It rides more comfortably than my old Jeep and looks sharper (Silver with black trim and a dark grey interior). If it holds up as well as my previous Jeep Laredo I will be most pleased. Maintenance is just a fact of life in all vehicles, regardless of make /model. If you're fortunate (like I was), it all minor maintenance and wearable parts.
Favorite Features
I live in Rural Minnesota and driving in deep snow is a fact of life. My Jeep handles this environment well... never got stuck!
Suggested Improvements
The front stablizer joints an both my Laredo Jeeps failed causing the front tires to wear unevenly and (of course) shake a lot at speeds over 45 MPH. It happened to another Jeep owner I know as well. It's an easy repair but seems too prevalent a problem to not be pervasive. A better design would be beneficial.