2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Unreliable
By George on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 2004 GC Overland in 2006 with 27,000. I have had nothing but issues with this unit. Brake rotors (at 27k), all 4 window motors, seat heaters, ac had to be replaced, seat motors, the roof was rusting, power steering pump.. the list goes on..you name it. I loved the vehicle when I purchased it but let me warn you, these are a maintenance nightmare. Avoid Jeep, I have spent over 5k in repairs over the years (most happened right after the 36k warranty expired.) I gladly traded this nightmare in for a Toyota, my first foreign car. (I previously bought from the big three however cant risk or afford another situation like this.) To hell with Jeep and Chrysler!

EXCELLENT
By LAG47LG on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

ALWAYS OWNED A JEEP (EVEN BEFORE GRAND CHEROKEE) AND THIS IS THE BEST

3 generations of Jeeps
By Donald1 on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A 2004 Overlander was purchased last year with only 1903 miles. My 1993 is still running strong with 178,500 miles and show no signs of faultering. I spent about 4,000 dollars at 103,000 miles to over haul miscellanous parts and tune-up from had to toe. The money was well spent, this truck will last at least another 5-6 years. The overlander is a nice truck, very fast,nimble and nice ride, the back seat is tight for 3 adults. No mechanical& electrical problems yet only the side Overlander emblems had to be replaced due to the plastic lamination started peeling back.

Overland is over the top
By jatrim on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my 4th GC and I love it

First six months
By al bowser on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drivers seat could be a little wider

The Gas Sucker
By avg1512 on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Jeep Overland is a beautiful vehicle. However, the motor runs very rough, and the EPA mileage rating and reality are nowhere near each other. I just think the engine in this vehicle is still in the stone age.

OVERLAND IS THE BEST
By GOLFER on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THIS IS THE 6TH RED JEEP I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST 12 YEARS AND IT IS BY FAR THE BEST. THEY ARE ALL WONDERFUL BUT THE "OVERLAND" IS ABSOLUTELY A CLASSIC. I LOVE THE SUN ROOF, THE 10 CD EXCHANGER, AND THE COMFORT. I AM IN HEAVEN WHEN I DRIVE IT BECAUSE IT IS SO EASY TO DRIVE, EVEN ON SNOWY ROADS. I HAVE NO FEAR WHEN I AM DRIVING MY OVERLAND.

Love this Jeep
By GaryF on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 63 yrs. old and this was the most pleasurable buying experience I ever had. I purchased my Overland at Jim Marsh Crysler in Las vegas. I was in and out in a little over an hour with a great deal. There was no pressure and no hassle. What a great staff. Can't say enough.

Runs GREAT - Gas HOG!
By Tony L on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful truck! Fun to drive - but terrible on gas mileage. CD player needs to be moved to the front of the vehicle. Not a good place in the back. Also - bad quality CD player...makes CDs skip often - when no scratches on cds.

I will continue to buy JEEP
By always in a jeep on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I a woman principal driver absoutely love everything about this car. I dont believe it handles like a truck, it manuevers very well, the ride is awsome, i could drive it all day. Its not too big but big enough. My husband likes it for the the same reasons plus the features under the hood. this is our 2nd jeep the last one was a laredo. We tow a boat back and forth to california without hesitation. we travel to the mtns to ski and it gets us there and back in fine shape. so i strongly disagree on many of the reviews that protray it in a bad light. an awsmome car that looks sexy and rugged easy to park and on and on. it is not noisy either.