2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Loves to take my money
By jeeplovesmoney on 05/05/13 19:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

There isnt a better winter performance car on the road. I live in Minnesota and as soon as the snow flied, my jeep becomes the fastest car on the road in 4wd full time. The issue with this vehicle is the continuous repair fees. I've had the below items replaced as of 122,000 miles. Power window motors front door connection to body master brake cylinder head gasket main seal rear Axel seal cruise control AC/blower flaps shocks 3 sets of tires Driver seat tracks (rocking chair) recall on seat heaters hood and rear glass support CD player display I swear to god if i didnt love this car I would burn it. Value wise, its about as bad as it gets.

My 2004 2 wheel drive
By buck1sailer on 05/02/13 21:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Grand Cherokee Laredo from a local used car place with 145,681 miles on it. The vehicle now has 210,450 miles on it. I still average near 21 mpg's on the highway with it. The inline 6 is a very durable motor, the only items I've replaced on it was at 175,265 a water pump, tires normal wear, brakes, and all push rods for lift gate, hood, and back glass. The cooling fan went out a few miles back going to replace it soon. Great vehicle. I get 17.5 mpg's in the city.

04 Laredo 4x4
By beekmanta1 on 04/01/13 11:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Update from review, Jeep now has 180k miles, we are replacing worn out shocks cost $700. Look forward to a better ride now. Still no issues with this Jeep if you are willing to take care of it. Small stuff that is annoying though. The wire harness issue on all these is a pain, if you are able to look at the broken wire in your door jam and can fix go ahead and fix it like I did save you money. Another part had to replace was the cooling fan, stock cooling fan went dead was a $200 repair and replace cost. All in all the quality and reliability is there on the 4.0 inline 6. Take care of it, and it will take care of you.

Jeep From Marty Cancila
By jae_grayer on 01/18/13 09:12 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My jeep is amazing. It runs very good without any problems. The interior is nice! Exterior is even better. It is a fun to drive vehicle. The whole performance of the car is great. Grab a Jeep or test drive one and you'll see.

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo
By canicem on 02/14/11 23:18 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Jeep new, my first, based upon my mechanic brother recommendation for a solid family car that can handle bad roads, bad weather, etc. So far I have 123,000 miles on her, from California to Canada, to Mexico and back. I have had to replace the tires 2x, the front and rear brake rotors and pads once, the shocks once, both tail light assemblies, hood lift rods. The engine makes a ticking sound now, has since about 110,000 when she's cold, which quiets down when the engine warms up. The interior still looks great, although I have replaced floor mats twice. The car has made weird clunking sounds since new, which has never presented a problem

A very happy repeat Jeep buyer!
By Mike W. on 04/29/10 21:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 7th Jeep vehicle, and 5th Grand Cherokee. The common complaint of the windows not working and/or the interior lights not shutting off is a simple broken ground wire in the driver's door harness. Took me 10 minutes to fix. Overall, I'm very pleased with this Jeep, although some things have not lasted as long as older models I've owned, namely, the hood supports failed at 50k, all 4 shocks leaking at 60k, and rear axle seals at 70k. Other than that, it's been rock-solid reliable. Fuel mileage is outstanding for an engine whose roots date back to the early 1960s. By the way, it's an inline 6, not a V6 as some reviewers have written. I would and do recommend the Grand Cherokee!

Window regulators
By Frank on 07/29/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had to replace the window regulators in my 2004 Jeep Grand Cher. Laredo once,but guess what,I'm going to have to re-place 4 of them again. I'll never buy another Jeep Cherokee and will never recommend them to anyone else. These things cost a lot of money, which I cannot afford.

Good Buy
By Brandon on 10/07/08 09:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in 2004 brand new. Fun to drive. very reliable. The v6 is a little slower than the v8.But still good pickup.Gas mileage is the only problem. $70.00 to fill up. And the gas goes fast.Around town if you don't use the A/C as much,it will help on the gas mileage.

Not too Happy
By Mrodz on 05/19/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had the Jeep for 4 years now, loved the comfort and driving experience it gives on long rides. Now we are experiencing problems with the electrical windows and doors and interior lights. But still I like my jeep

Freedom
By David V on 05/07/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Jeep screams! The HO engine is an unexpected pleasure at any stop light. Merging onto a highway is a dream. You often forget that you are in a Jeep.