2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Original Owner's Issues

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Original Owner's Issues
By wllmmddltn on

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

OK, the Jeep looks fantastic, drives solid, stable and lots of power, there's plenty of options, just a sound design, could get better mileage. But now that I've had it 7 years and 95,000 miles things are breaking. We've had the window fall off the mechanism, and the heavy shudder in the breaks but electrically, no issues and had a tow hitch added. But the AC system melted and was $1500 to repair. Now the steering box is out and another $1200. So yeah, I'd call this a higher than average vehicle to maintain cost wise.

Favorite Features

It's such a solid package. The seats are nice, love the gauges, really love the roominess. The fact that 7 years later there's still things I love about this machine.

Suggested Improvements

Shouldn't cut corners on AC with the plastics.. The fact that I'm feeling skeptical about buying another Jeep because of suspicion regarding quality.. wish I could do it, still think it's a beauty, but I doubt I will