2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Love the Overland

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Love the Overland
By Raven1 on

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This 2003 Overland edition is great looking. The interior is also very attractive, but I find the driver's seat too soft and too small. The vehicle does not handle that well on windy country roads. There is a significant amount of body roll and the seat does not seem to hold my average sized body very securely. I love the chrome 17' wheels. The leather/suede mix is nice in the interior. The 4.7 HO is very powerful and quick from a start and when merging. The sound system is good but not excellent. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle and she loves it. The vehicle has performed well on all road surfaces and in all conditions. The creature features of the overland are great.

4.7 HO engine is fun to drive. Not that bad on gas either. 15.5 in mixed country/highway driving. 21 mpg on a 7 hour highway trip! The black/chrome combination looks great but requires regular car washes.

I thought the sound system in my 98 Grand Cherokee Limited was better. The front seats need to be roomier and firmer.