I love the old girl
By It's a Yeep, Yimmy on
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have had my 03 GC Laredo for about 3 and 1/2 years, and I love it every second. I blame the Jeep for 1 incident... The coolant sensor went, which left the coolant fan running after I shut the car off. I came out the next morning to a dead battery. I have also fixed the front 2 power windows, but I cant blame the Jeep. I locked my keys inside and tried a jimmy, but I think I messed something up. I also need to fix the power seat switch. It works in all directions, except backwards. Again, I think it has something to do with the snow I had to scoop out of the inside of the car when the window was broken in the down position during winter. I love my Jeep!
Favorite Features
Good looking and comfortable interior. Paint and plastic exterior still in great condition. Space for cargo, kids, hubby, and pets. 4 LO and 1st gear=I could climb Mt. Everest. Ive recently moved. My commute WAS 30 miles RT. Now its 110 miles RT. Reliability... YES!
Suggested Improvements
More power. Better gas mileage. Makes a weird noise when making tight turns at low speeds. Engine accelerates quickly then goes back down when setting cruise control. I would like another compartment for spare change or sunglasses. Recently, its started pinging. I guess that's to be expected.