2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Very Sad
By GWE on 06/20/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Jeep started bucking and becoming undriveable at 5000 miles. This is intermittent and has caused several delays on family trips. The manufacturer just says, "bad gas". They did extend our warranty to 70,000 miles, free. Big deal, the car is not reliable. They have yet to find the problem. We are going on three years of this. Tomorrow we go to "Lemon Law" court with the manufacturer. Wish us luck.

Awesome!
By greatsuv125 on 06/12/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This thing is a beast, what more can I say. I actually want to take it out on the snow drift covered roads because it's that good. I've passed Hummer H2's on the expressway when they were in the clear lane and I was in the snow covered side. 4.0L is virtually unbreakable and quick around town but it really needs another gear for truly good highway passing. Steering is vague but the brakes are fantastic at stopping the car even though my rotors were warped by 15,000 miles. Stock stereo has tons of thump to it, I've never heard a better standard stereo and it's not even the infinity version!

My favorite car
By Teresa Payne on 05/27/05 14:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Jeep has been a great blessing. I have enjoyed driving in the city, felt safe in the floods (did not go out when I did not have to) and have had a blast on the dirt. The V8 engine saved my life as I was able to get out of the way of an out of control car spinning toward me. The acceleration that is possible is something that you would expect from a sports car.

Happy with the GC Overland
By saburk on 04/12/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep product (2 Wranglers and a 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited V8). The Overland is very powerful and the 4WD is great in rain and snow. I love the chrome wheels. The stereo in the '98 Limited was better. Gas mileage is not that bad -- about 15.5 mpg with mixed highway and local travel. Closer to 19 mpg during extended highway driving. My only complaint is the front seats. The leather suede mix is nice, but the seats are not firm enough and too small. The vehicle has some body roll when cornering and the soft seats contribute to a feeling of poor handling.

A truly great and dependable SUV
By njfirefgtr on 02/15/05 23:47 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We really love this car! It's perfect for a family. The gas mileage is poor, but no worse than any other SUV. The V8 is definitely a good idea as far as the optional engine goes. The 6 cylinder runs great, but lacks pick up especially with the A/C on. A family of 5 fits perfectly with plenty of cargo room in the back. Dependable is an understatement; nearly 30K with not even a hiccup!

grand cherokee
By sfair2211 on 12/28/04 16:01 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my third jeep and i have loved everything about them except the windshield. it is so hard to keep it from staying greasy which is a hazard in rainy weather. the other thing (that passengers complain about) is the rocking from side to side it does on rough pavement.

My Jeep
By siltorn on 12/02/04 13:38 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Jeep! There is nothing better than going out on a snowy day and knowing I own the road!

Out of warranty & out of money
By passt2009 on 12/01/04 12:02 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep and it will be my last, nothing but problems (costly repairs). Brakes, rotors, air conditioning, water pump, exhaust, throttle position sensors, coolant leaks, broken seats & terrible stability problems. The Jeep was great for the first four months or so, then it just went downhill fast, it seems to have lost its stability and handling and has required too many repairs. My first Jeep was a 1994 Cherokee Sport, which had very little problems (over 125k) and no stability issues. Maybe I just got a lemon but I won't be taking a chance and buying another one to find out.

Its getting hot in here
By mdb11 on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My then girlfriend, now wife, was thrilled with the jeep, for the first 6 months. Then the little stuff started; bad locks and windows, rattles and squeeks...We got married...now its summer, she's pregnant, NO A/C... 4 trips to the dealer....still NO A/C...and they actually managed to undo a lock fix they did 6 weeks ago....Now, we are trying to get a loaner, wife is due soon, not sure when/if jeep will be fixed....

Another Rotor Problem
By whasupdoc on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I agree 100% with kselle (6/30/04) posting. At ~25k miles my car started to vibrate. I brought it to Meineke and they said the rotors were warped and should be fixed under warranty. Chrysler 1400 Motors of Nashua, NH would not replace the rotors under warranty and said it was at my cost. They did replace the leaking rear joints & right front shock leak. There's no end in sight for Grand Cherokee rotor problem until enough people complain to make a new design manditory by Chrysler.