Used 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4
By Ron

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Jeep. I got a dark blue Grand Cherokee Laredo and it is very nice inside and out. I was very skeptical about Jeep from what others have said, but mine is very reliable, pretty good on gas, and a comfortable, but fun ride. The stereo is nice sounding, and the seats are a very nice, comfortable cloth. I really love mine and looking forward to trying out the 4x4 in the future. I was honestly surprised by how well mine is with gas. I drive a fair amount and my gas is barely gone. I definitely recommend the car overall.

Info Center to let you know temp, mileage till service, gas mileage, how many miles left, etc. Stereo- not bad for a stock stereo, space- lots of it.

They should put auto headlights in the Laredo;

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
By disappointed buyer

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never buying another! Relay switch, Window regulator just plays out, A/C has been totally redone, CD player replaced and still not working right, and the gauges will just flicker and the jeep eventually just dies on us. Has been in shop 4 times for this and well, obviously 4x's...they can't seem to find what is wrong. 2003 only 54,000 miles on it!! We wanted a reliable SUV that we could take traveling in and I don't trust it.

Exterior is cool.

Make something more reliable! No wonder Daimler Chrysler is going out of business!! I want American products but, not if they can't make something reliable!

2nd one 4 me
By jim in alabama

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee and I am very happy with it. Would not rate is as high as a Toyota Highlander but close. I have had no trouble with my Jeep. Had a 1988 model that ran forever, 188000 miles and the only, thing other than regular mx, was one fuel injector went bad, (I fixed) and the alternator went out at 175000 miles and I fixed it myself, too. I could use bigger cup holders and better fuel economy, 16-18 in town and 20-22 on the highway. This is where Toyota has Jeep beat hands down. Plus the Toyota has better power and acceleration. All in all for what I paid I got a really pretty vehicle that is fun to drive and is practical for me. Great radio controls!!!

radio controls on steering wheel, cruise control is really accurate, plush leather seating, tows boat with no problems, really looks like a SUV should. 4.0 liter engine is a good combo of power and durability. Bullet proof engine and drivetrain.

Better fuel economy, I know you can do it my 1988 go over 25 mpg on the highway running 75 mph all day long.

2003 Jeep Laredo is a Danger on the road
By Valerie

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Jeep is now in the shop for the 6th time in 5 weeks, for the same problem-it keeps shutting off; at lights, stop signs, on the road, in the parking lot. Lose power steering and brakes. Only has not quite 58,000 miles on it over 6 years and 3 months. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler car again.

None

Make a decent, dependable vehicle that isn't a hazard to the road and to other drivers.

Seats Catch On Fire!
By JWR11

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2003 Overland purchased new Oct 2002. 72000 miles and the same tires / brakes still in good shape. Runs great. No issues except it cost $750 to repair the heater blend door last year. Returned to dealer for electric seat warmer recall in Jan 07. Thought all was repaired but yesterday the driver's seat caught fire and burned holes in the leather seating area. Obviously from the seat warmer. Called the dealer and will take it in this week and see if Chrysler will warranty it, More later. Be careful of the electric seat heaters in these Jeeps. Seems as if others have had the same problem as well, from what I can determine from the Internet.