2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Glad I bought it
By tripovermyego on 10/10/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this Jeep for almost a year and no issues what so ever!! It has over 110000 miles on it and it runs like its brand new!!! Very fun off road and on road. Very clean Jeep. Did I mention, no issues what-so-ever? Very happy with it. Mine is a Laredo model and white in color but still looks very good!!!

I love the old girl
By It's a Yeep, Yimmy on 09/04/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 03 GC Laredo for about 3 and 1/2 years, and I love it every second. I blame the Jeep for 1 incident... The coolant sensor went, which left the coolant fan running after I shut the car off. I came out the next morning to a dead battery. I have also fixed the front 2 power windows, but I cant blame the Jeep. I locked my keys inside and tried a jimmy, but I think I messed something up. I also need to fix the power seat switch. It works in all directions, except backwards. Again, I think it has something to do with the snow I had to scoop out of the inside of the car when the window was broken in the down position during winter. I love my Jeep!

Nice but Costly
By Bill on 08/26/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought used with 50,000. 1st winter no heat due to same issue THANKS CHRYSLER for no HELP cost $1,000. Then Cracked head @ 77,000 another $1,200 Now in for 2nd issue with Limited Slip Clutches $230 each time. Driver window repair $400 COME ON!!!! This is my 3rd Jeep and will Not Buy Another...too many other good options out there these days. Gas mileage average Hwy/City is 19 but wife drives it easy. Oh yea, heated seats repaired once by warranty and again by me.. quite working again. Really to bad as JEEP had such a good Brand Name..HAD being the optimal word

Would drive it off a cliff
By SAJ on 07/08/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought what I thought was going to be a good looking reliable vehicle. I had a Chevy Caprice for over 13 years and was looking to find something I would love as much. I looks HOT! But looks are deceiving. It is '03 and still looks brand new even without a good car wash. BUT... The piece of junk has spent more time in the shop than any vehicle in earth history except maybe another Jeep Grand Cherokee. Seat Heater, Brake rotors, 5 complete sets of brakes and rotors. Shimmies really bad after about 6 months of new brakes. The heater sensor something , air conditioning lvr things, cruise control, battery goes dead, electrical shorts but nobody can tell me why. Would not sell to my worst enemy.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4
By Ron on 05/28/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Jeep. I got a dark blue Grand Cherokee Laredo and it is very nice inside and out. I was very skeptical about Jeep from what others have said, but mine is very reliable, pretty good on gas, and a comfortable, but fun ride. The stereo is nice sounding, and the seats are a very nice, comfortable cloth. I really love mine and looking forward to trying out the 4x4 in the future. I was honestly surprised by how well mine is with gas. I drive a fair amount and my gas is barely gone. I definitely recommend the car overall.

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!
By disappointed buyer on 04/13/09 15:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never buying another! Relay switch, Window regulator just plays out, A/C has been totally redone, CD player replaced and still not working right, and the gauges will just flicker and the jeep eventually just dies on us. Has been in shop 4 times for this and well, obviously 4x's...they can't seem to find what is wrong. 2003 only 54,000 miles on it!! We wanted a reliable SUV that we could take traveling in and I don't trust it.

2nd one 4 me
By jim in alabama on 03/10/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee and I am very happy with it. Would not rate is as high as a Toyota Highlander but close. I have had no trouble with my Jeep. Had a 1988 model that ran forever, 188000 miles and the only, thing other than regular mx, was one fuel injector went bad, (I fixed) and the alternator went out at 175000 miles and I fixed it myself, too. I could use bigger cup holders and better fuel economy, 16-18 in town and 20-22 on the highway. This is where Toyota has Jeep beat hands down. Plus the Toyota has better power and acceleration. All in all for what I paid I got a really pretty vehicle that is fun to drive and is practical for me. Great radio controls!!!

2003 Jeep Laredo is a Danger on the road
By Valerie on 02/11/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Jeep is now in the shop for the 6th time in 5 weeks, for the same problem-it keeps shutting off; at lights, stop signs, on the road, in the parking lot. Lose power steering and brakes. Only has not quite 58,000 miles on it over 6 years and 3 months. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler car again.

Seats Catch On Fire!
By JWR11 on 01/25/09 14:49 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2003 Overland purchased new Oct 2002. 72000 miles and the same tires / brakes still in good shape. Runs great. No issues except it cost $750 to repair the heater blend door last year. Returned to dealer for electric seat warmer recall in Jan 07. Thought all was repaired but yesterday the driver's seat caught fire and burned holes in the leather seating area. Obviously from the seat warmer. Called the dealer and will take it in this week and see if Chrysler will warranty it, More later. Be careful of the electric seat heaters in these Jeeps. Seems as if others have had the same problem as well, from what I can determine from the Internet.

RE: Jeep or Heap?
By ann on 01/21/09 08:38 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the exact same issues as the post Jeep or Heap. In October, my '03 JCL stalled on the expressway while driving, which I lost the power steering. It would also shut down and power up like it was going to stall, while I was driving. I took it in to a mechanic, which they kept for 3 days because it couldn't be diagnosed unless it stalled on them so I took it home and of course, it stalled. So they picked it up were able to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it is now doing the same thing again. It bucks and seems to want to lose power but catches again. I'm paranoid to drive it for long distances. I also had a problem with the power window failing.