Used 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Can't get one like this one anymore!
By ole rooster

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

So sad that Chrysler did away with the 4.0 liter engine. Mine is bullet proof. Have about 115,000K on mine and it still is running perfect. 2nd Cherokee I have owned and I love mine. Fit and finish is good, but the styling is what I like best, it just looks good. A/C still blows very cold and the stereo is wonderful. Power leather seats are very comfortable on 500 mile trips. Wish the fuel economy was a little better. Over all a good SUV at a great price.

Comfort, upright stance, reliable drivetrain, easy to service. Just a good vehicle that does all I want it to do.

MPG that is it.

Never Again
By Kurt

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cherokee and my last. Mind you, this vehicle spends more time sitting in my garage than on the road. It has been babied all its life and looks like the day it came off the showroom floor. To date, the A/C has been replaced (all components), all the window regulators have failed, the brakes have warped rotors, it is noisy (wind) when driven at highway speeds, the A/C is not blowing cold again, the driver's power seat is broken, all the side mirrors have broken at least once, all the hydraulic lift supports have been replace several times, the clear coat is soft so anything that touches the paint leaves a mark. The list goes on and on.

Would like to say something is good about this vehicle but how can you when every time you turn around you're fixing something on or in it.

Every Gran Cherokee owner will have a problem with the power windows. It is a poor design that Chrysler knows about but is making a lot of money from. The right thing to do would be to have a recall but Chrysler is too cheap to do it. No more Jeeps for me.

Still running great
By jim in alabama

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on 2 year of ownership and still no problems. Normal mx and just replaced tires. Never added a drop of fluids between changes. I change my oil every 5000 miles and my Cherokee still runs like a top. Jeep did good when they built this one. Leather is still in great shape. All the bells and whistles still work as advertised. Just bought a Liberty for a tow vehicle for my motor home, hope it is as good as the Cherokee.

Ease of entry/exit from any seat. Great sound system, love the steering wheel controls. Cruise control holds speed accurately. Plenty of power from the 4.0 liter engine. Tows my utility trailer very well too.

Could use a little better fuel mileage. Can get over 20 mpg if I run under 70 on the interstate. About 17 is the norm for combined city/highway.

Superb Vehicle!
By JWR-11

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 2003 Jeep Overland new in October 2002. Now have 90,000+ trouble free miles. Only recall by Chrysler was to repair the electric seat warmers. This Jeep still has it's original Goodyear tires on it! Rotated all 5 wheels every 10,000 miles. Great power and comfort. Will tow anything I have put behind it. I would have purchased another vehicle by now it were not for the great performance and reliability of my Jeep.

Reliability, Comfort, Power, Looks

NONE - Just keep making them and I will keep buying them

It's a jeep thing I don't understand
By luckyzsquirrel

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Cherokee to replace my 13 year old Isuzu because it was begging to have minor mechanical issues. In hindsight I should have stayed with the old truck. Numerous electrical, cooling/heating, suspension problems which cost $$$. The transmission was unrefined and did not handle mountain driving.

Beautiful vehicle. Great handling. Very comfortable. Loaded with features. Decent mileage.

Mechanical problems (see above). Unrefined transmission. Not very reliable.