Used 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Heat, defrost, ac won't work
By soldiersgirlcal

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a driving hazard, should be a recall, as I am having to take our vehicle to the dealer to get fixed, from what I hear is expensive. Have heard this model Jeep, from reviews seems to have a blender prob. Not good, as I have a child, no defrost, heat, ac. Ugh!

Recall please where other parents don't have to deal w this problem of No heat, defrost, ac

2003 Cheap Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4.0
By Whatquality

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. How can a type of one vehicle be so split? Some love it . Others hate it. Me, I hate it. Since I've owned this vehicle I've had 2 sets of rotors replaced. 3 fan relays. Now with a hole cut under the headlight I can replace it in minutes at $65. I now keep a spare. 2 window mechanisms. I can't believe an engineer ever imagined that a thin piece of plastic would ever hold the window up. The hood doesn't stay up. Wouldn't that be a no-brainer? Weight of hood. Strut to hold (I have a piece of wood). Now the best part. The engine dies. Anywhere. At intersections, expressways, in the driveway. And no diagnostic codes. After a couple of minutes right as rain. Dangerous! Illegal?

Stick, holding my hood up.

Quality. Quality and a bit more testing would have been handy. I know the auto companies had to cut costs.. But to ruin a good name, not worth it. I'm going foreign now.

Can't get one like this one anymore!
By ole rooster

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

So sad that Chrysler did away with the 4.0 liter engine. Mine is bullet proof. Have about 115,000K on mine and it still is running perfect. 2nd Cherokee I have owned and I love mine. Fit and finish is good, but the styling is what I like best, it just looks good. A/C still blows very cold and the stereo is wonderful. Power leather seats are very comfortable on 500 mile trips. Wish the fuel economy was a little better. Over all a good SUV at a great price.

Comfort, upright stance, reliable drivetrain, easy to service. Just a good vehicle that does all I want it to do.

MPG that is it.

Never Again
By Kurt

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cherokee and my last. Mind you, this vehicle spends more time sitting in my garage than on the road. It has been babied all its life and looks like the day it came off the showroom floor. To date, the A/C has been replaced (all components), all the window regulators have failed, the brakes have warped rotors, it is noisy (wind) when driven at highway speeds, the A/C is not blowing cold again, the driver's power seat is broken, all the side mirrors have broken at least once, all the hydraulic lift supports have been replace several times, the clear coat is soft so anything that touches the paint leaves a mark. The list goes on and on.

Would like to say something is good about this vehicle but how can you when every time you turn around you're fixing something on or in it.

Every Gran Cherokee owner will have a problem with the power windows. It is a poor design that Chrysler knows about but is making a lot of money from. The right thing to do would be to have a recall but Chrysler is too cheap to do it. No more Jeeps for me.

Still running great
By jim in alabama

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on 2 year of ownership and still no problems. Normal mx and just replaced tires. Never added a drop of fluids between changes. I change my oil every 5000 miles and my Cherokee still runs like a top. Jeep did good when they built this one. Leather is still in great shape. All the bells and whistles still work as advertised. Just bought a Liberty for a tow vehicle for my motor home, hope it is as good as the Cherokee.

Ease of entry/exit from any seat. Great sound system, love the steering wheel controls. Cruise control holds speed accurately. Plenty of power from the 4.0 liter engine. Tows my utility trailer very well too.

Could use a little better fuel mileage. Can get over 20 mpg if I run under 70 on the interstate. About 17 is the norm for combined city/highway.