1st Jeep - suv owner
By heartland28 on
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have purchased this Jeep used with 1,12000 miles on it. I used Edmund's to research & price this SUV I got it for 6k with negotiations & cut the dealers charges - bogus cost add on using the how to buy a used car guide. So I got it for less then TMV I feel really good about it & now feel confident in my new learned skills. This Jeep is great my 1st SUV I wanted Reliability & A Safe ride. Gas mileage is good most vans like my past pile Dodge caravan with a 3.3v6 get about the same as this jeep. Tho both are Chrysler products this Jeep is the bread & butter. Fun to drive, very comfortable, & sticks to road with lots of power drives more like a truck rides better then most vans.
Favorite Features
Sits up higher like a van. Gets Gas mileage of a van with v6 3.3L tho my Jeep has the upgraded 4.7L V8 engine. Note if you want to save at the pump get a 4 cylinder but a v8 like this one is far more durable & lasts well into 290,000 mile range IMHO. Service this jeep up when its needed read your manual!! you will have this thing for years of use. Oil change & filter only is not a full service. The traction this thing gets in snow or on well anything far exceeds front wheel drive like my old van. If you want to sit higher off the ground want traction reliability & feel really safe this is the way to go. I know one day when this one quits I will get another.... if it quits.
Suggested Improvements
My jeep used was fully loaded 2 owner mostly highway miles I pulled a carfax maroon in color so I don't know how they could improve it. Specs of my jeep quadra trac 2 with quadra drive says quadra drive labeled at the 4x4 shifter. D44 rear end with vari-lock & D30 front end with vari-lock transfer case is a NV247 Fully loaded leather 10 disk changer power sun roof heated seats carfax shows where the recall was took care of by 1st owner. mine has the opted 5speed transmission. For the ones that don't know what the above means or don't care here it is in short Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.7L V8 5 speed tranz all wheel drive with 4low. Starts when its 30 below 0 & runs cool in summer.