2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
There really is only one.
By kevin_r1 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

If there is a better SUV out there for the money, I'd like to hear about it. I've driven a lot of SUVs (ML, X5, Explorer, 4Runner) and none are better then the Grand Cherokee. Jeep could easily charge $10,000 more for this vehicle and it would still be worth it. I've never had any mechanical problems and I drive harder than almost anyone I know. Three years later the paint looks as good as the day I bought it. Mind you, the vehicle has never been garaged.

Excellant SUV
By Jeep6855 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. is the best SUV I have ever owned. Everything has functioned perfectly in everyway and for a V8 4X4, 21-23mpg on highway is great. Also think the ride is just about perfect, not too smooth and not too firm.

My first JGC
By iamdenistoyou on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Hi there, i really like this vehicle. I test drove several other trucks and SUVs. This one is fun to drive, I don't have to worry about hitting a curb and damaging something. Jeeps are also pretty tough. I don't know about previous years but this vehicle has not had any problems.

all lemons dont make lemon juice
By liv on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

In july we purchased a cherokee limited and we were very excited. We thought it was our dream car and it turned into a nightmare. We had gotten the 8 cyl because the review on the 6 was not so good. Well we have had nothing but problems with the transmission. It has slipped from drive to neutral and also from reverse to neutral. The car idiles at 400 to 300 rpms and stalls when it is at a light. The interior is also made poorly. The sunroof has fallen apart. Insullation from the windows has fallen out and there is also alot of moisture on the interiors of the windows. The dealership has done nothing to fix these problems.

I Just Totaled One
By mjsexton on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Despite the horrible accident, the Grand Cherokee was a very good vehicle. I was hit by 2 cars and walked away with only a stuff neck...not bad. I had my Laredo for 3 months and really liked it. It doesn't ride as smoothly as other SUVs in its class, but I felt safe, secure and compfortable behind the wheel. They made some changes from the '99 model I had which I don't like - - the 2003 doesn't come with crossbars for the roof rack, they made an extra step in the "fold the back seat down" process, the front and back seats are made of less-expensive material and it doesn't come with floor mats. Despite this, I would recommend this vehicle.

Cherokee - most bang for the buck
By wycich19 on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just gave up my 1999 Dakota for a laredo with the 4.0 I had the 5.2 V8 in the dodge and to tell you the truth the 4.0 feels better and more powerful all around. If you compare starting prices with the trailblazer and envoy you will find you are getting more quality features for the money with the jeep, and lets be honest trailblazer has a nice name but i wouldn't dream of taking that off the highway- nobody beats a jeep prowless offroad

Never Again
By aoad on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

how many times does it take to get it right???????

This is my 4th Grand Cherokee
By Bogart on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Grand Cherokee - the first 3 were Laredos and this new one is a Limited. I have never had any problems with any of them. I think they are great value. The salesman I used is Tom Patton with Park Cities and he was really, really awesome. I would recommend a Grand Cherokee and Tom to anyone.

A Joy To Drive!
By Jailon on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All A++++++ marks for this car. I am so pleased, and have received an endless flood of compliments. It has all the features, amenities, and comfort of a luxury "SUV", for $10K less, and the REAL capability to go hardcore off- road. On a side note, I really wanted to mention that if you live in Southern California, avoid Glendale Star Chrylser Jeep. 90% of their staff is the epitome of the sleazy, heartless car salseman. The one guy who wasn't had only worked their for a week! Hate hate hate the dealership, love love love the car.

Jeep Grand choeroke
By dougqrs@yahoo.com on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Jeep Grand Choeroke. Need a good reliable car for driving 500 miles round trip to and from the river house