2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
I love my jeep
By tony piazza on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is the first chrysleproduct I've driven ( lease) since 198when I bought a dodge daytona turbo z. That car was so poor that I dumped it at 20000 miles, and swore no more chrysler products The Jeep has been a very pleasant surprise, and the first ameri car that , to date, has not had a problemThe ergonomics are superb, the stylingis great, and the performance is tops, its a great car

DEADONTHEROAD
By deadontheroad on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle after owning a 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country, I put 146K miles on it, basically the only reason I bought another Jeep!!! Drove this JGC exactly 430 miles and the trans wet out, using a loaner for a week and a half, new trans assembly should be installed by the end of the week. BUMMERS, should have kept my old faithful.

New Jeep Owner's Assessment
By Jonathan on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Contrary to what I've read at Edmunds and other reviewers on the net, my Jeep Overland rocks! The performance in the Overland is powerful. I've test driven the new 4 Runner, Land Rover New Discovery, Durango, and Pathfinder before I made my decision. I ultimately liked the cabin space and feel of the Land Rover better, but that truck could not match the Jeep's superior engine or rebates at the dealer. My perspective is from one who has never owned an SUV before and the Jeep represents an upgrade to my 1993 Saturn SL2 (still running well BTW) and 1999 Volkswagen Passat.

Second Time Around
By georgec13 on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a good 1996 Grand Cherokee i.e. 104,000 miles and second set of tires, just got first brakes, no repairs except cat. conv, why not a new one. Got a 2003. More space in rear compartment. Poorer driver vision on 2003. Lost storage space in front part of cab i.e. console and glove are smaller, also small door compartments. Main problem is that although engine has same displacement as 1996 the 2003 feels underpowered. Never had that problem with 1996. "Any" grade at speed makes the engine strain. Nickel and dime loses from 1996 i.e. no eng comp. light, poor cup holder position etc. In eng comp I found screws just lying around. Wonder where they belong?

all right by me
By car-nut on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

trucks,95 Laredo, more trucks, 03 Laredo much nicer than 95. Of course this one is loaded. very comfortable, and fun to drive. feels solid. needs better gas milage on 4.0! Should get at least 20 mpg all around. That is my only complaint.

very impressed
By hab29 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

picked-up 2003 4.7 laredo, this jeep has come a long way since my first 1990 ltd.Have had 3 since and still own a 1995laredo 4.0, wife loves it. This 2003 is powerful,comfortable and quality has improved steadily over the last 12 years. Could use more spaces to put things but overall a fantastic truck.

Satisfied
By Chipshot on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased a 2003 after owning a 96 Cherokee that was very reliable so reliable we gave itto our son it is still in great condition visually and mechanically with 75K miles on it.... The 03 really is a nice ride and has great styling and a very solid feel are 96 sold us on the 03...

Best of the SUV's
By Steven F on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep owned in 12 years and without a doubt the best. We have 6500 miles on it and have taken the vehicle over the WV, VA and NC mountains on 3 trips without one problem. Around town our SUV responds to stop and go traffic nicely. Our Grand Cherokee Overland held the road in all types of weather. The engine and transmission were flawless. The seats were very comfortable for long distance driving. The cockpit is well laid out too.

Love the Power......
By markyls01 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

love the v-8.didnt like the in-line 6 at all..wanted a suv with power.test drove all the others on the market.this was by far the best driving and had the most power.would like to see more interior room though....

GRAND CHEROKEE LARADO REVIEW
By CLINK on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SIZE AND AFFORDABILITY THEN THIS IS A GOOD CHOICE. 4 WHEEL DRIVE IS A GOOD FEATURE FOR TODAYS ENVIORMENT, IT HANDLES WELL FOR A SUV, BUT WATCH YOUR TURNS AT HIGH SPEEDS.