2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
My Jeep Grand Cherokee Experience
By Jose Ortin on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice exterior and Interior designs. Currently with a very competitive price. Poor reliability; after 30.000 it has been necessary to go to service several times to repair brakes, steering wheel (column) and other features repeatedly. Poor brakes.

Overland/Overpriced/Overfed
By JWR-11 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

2003 Jeep Overland -My 2nd Jeep - 4000 miles later.....plastic trim falling off,glass chipped on both side windows when delivered, engine performance at highway speeds poor , gas mileage terrible, build quality worse. Handles like a boat. For $39,000 I expected more Should have purchased a laredo 6 cyl for a little more than 1/2 price of this Overland. Won't buy another one.

GREAT RIDE
By Peter Marks on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my new Jeep for about 2 months, and I been nothing but impressed. The jeep is so solid, its like driving a tank and a cloud at the same time. The fold down seats provide for alot of room, it rides great but the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. Also, a minor problem. On the bottom of the car under the passenger side, there is a bit of paint missing, and is beginning to rust, you wouldn't know unless you bent down to look at it. im sure it'll be fix w/o a problem.

Very Hppay with New Jeep
By TCB-2 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep (previosuly had had two Rodeos that were okay). Especially enjoy the leather seats and 10-CD changer. We drove from Okla to LA in December and the drive was great and gas mileage 19 to 20, which was as good as the Rodeos. Had to have a rear-end leak checked in late January, but the dealer fixed the problem immediately. Already have 6,000 miles and couldn't be happier.

Excellent Vehicle
By brendaiverson on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in December. I have never had such a good experiance. The dealership was the best I have ever delt with. I love the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, it is comfortable to drive and is an excellent value.

Jeep Overland
By Marin on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After having a 2000 Jeep GC Limited, we stepped up to the Overland. The HO motor and the 5-speed transmission are the smoothest drivetrain I ever drove. Kills my BMW 530i. PS. My son totaled the Limited and him and his friend walked away without a scratch. The car bent, not my son

JEEP - Wrote the book on 4WD
By Chsheaf on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After looking at several other SUV's I again went back to the Jeep. Nothing like it for the money. Great style, great comfort and fun to drive. Rugged eough to go off road whenevr you want. This is my 5th Jeep. Just traded in a 99 Cherokee with 100K miles.Never did anything to the engine. Routine service really does work. Even though I look at the others, there is still only one- JEEP

jeep #3
By Happy Jeeper on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

just came out of a 3yr lease but drove 65000 miles never a problem always a great suv

Great SUV, recommended
By Shockey5 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. Very fun to drive.

Great Vehicle
By Mike97 on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the JGCL with HO V-8 for about five months. Zero defects in build quality--no faults so far, which is surprising. Very comfortable with no "climbing or crawling" required for entry/exit, important to someone with orthopedic problems. Front seats adjust to almost any desired position, and the heated seats are great--tho the high setting is definitely high. Great vehicle, with decent gas mileage using regular gas on the road at legal speeds, 'tho not so great in town. A "Keeper."