2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
1 jeep
By michael233 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

i love it !!

Grand Cherokee
By Mikeland on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my sixth Grand Cherokee. Excellent ride and looks. The 4.0 is the best 6 cylinder ever made.

The Jeep Overland Rocket
By Naperville, IL on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased my '03 Overland and this Jeep is not only loaded with luxury, it is loaded with power. That HO engine is amazing! Quite honestly, I have never driven an SUV with so much power that handled so well. I almost bought a Yukon because I wanted the power and could only find it in a big SUV. I purchased the Overland because I got the power I wanted without the hassle of parking such a big vehicle. Besides, this is the sharpest looking SUV on the road.

nice ride
By jeepercreeper2 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

great car, i love the laeather, great feel, fun to drive, excelent choice for any youngsters, great price!

Replacing my Wrangler
By Lobes on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just traded in my 2001 Wrangler for this, and it was hard to part with, but I haven't looked back! It has everything that you need, and it is a great size. Also, has great pick-up with the HO V8 and is so comfortable and rides real smooth... I can't say enough good things about this,

Needs Improvement
By Gilmour93 on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although it's a step up in comfort and style from the 2000 Cherokee Sport we owned, it doesn't live up to its nearly $30K sticker price. Acceleration and handling is poor, tons of body roll, even for an SUV. Feels like driving a boulder. Brakes are higly unresponsive. Only thing worth a compliment is the ride quality.

Best SUV out there for the price
By tony on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2nd Jeep, 1st was regular cherokee I gave to my son. Outstanding ride, & luxury unbeleivable in a true off road vehicle. Shoped around and compaired ALL others including KIA (lowend) to Lexus (higher end) anywhere within $15k of price. Best Buy on the market. Very Impressed.

Replaced Toyota 4x4
By Alton on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle replaced my Toyota 4x4 which I put 220,000 miles on. It had to be good to get me to replace that Toyota and I have not been disappointed. The power from the six cylinder is very suprising. You step on the gas and the acceleration will press you back into the seat. Looking forward to putting 200,000 miles on it. I put 1000 miles on it in a flash it is fun to drive.

I love my Jeep Overland but.
By Dcam on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My JO has not caused me any problems. I love my Jeep, but it seems like every third vehicle is a Jeep.I think a redesign is due, because my Jeep just does not turn heads. For $39000, I just want a little more WOW! I know that sounds shallow - but hey. My boyfriend just bought an H2. On the way home, I followed in my Jeep. Folks were constantly looking at his vehicle and didn't even notice the Jeep Overland. What takes the cake is .. a couple of neighborhood kids screamed nice truck to him, guess what I got.I know the H2 is something different and the "wow" will wear from that vehicle. But for now, I'm looking into the FX45.

jeep laredo blows away competion
By king111 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 5th jeep laredo ive owned- mileage is excellent at 19mpg with 4.7 liter v8, handling superb like a sports car, excellent accelration and engin response-would like to c more room in back seats and also add a 3rd seat and about 8" to vehichle-compared to Ford Explorers ive rented while elk hunting in colorado-THERE IS NO COMPARISON-jeep wins hands down-explorers still like to fishtail down the freeways and 4x4s are not made for off road use!! love my jeep laredo and especially the power seats.