2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Can't get one like this one anymore!
By ole rooster on 08/20/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

So sad that Chrysler did away with the 4.0 liter engine. Mine is bullet proof. Have about 115,000K on mine and it still is running perfect. 2nd Cherokee I have owned and I love mine. Fit and finish is good, but the styling is what I like best, it just looks good. A/C still blows very cold and the stereo is wonderful. Power leather seats are very comfortable on 500 mile trips. Wish the fuel economy was a little better. Over all a good SUV at a great price.

Never Again
By Kurt on 08/07/10 12:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cherokee and my last. Mind you, this vehicle spends more time sitting in my garage than on the road. It has been babied all its life and looks like the day it came off the showroom floor. To date, the A/C has been replaced (all components), all the window regulators have failed, the brakes have warped rotors, it is noisy (wind) when driven at highway speeds, the A/C is not blowing cold again, the driver's power seat is broken, all the side mirrors have broken at least once, all the hydraulic lift supports have been replace several times, the clear coat is soft so anything that touches the paint leaves a mark. The list goes on and on.

Still running great
By jim in alabama on 06/23/10 05:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on 2 year of ownership and still no problems. Normal mx and just replaced tires. Never added a drop of fluids between changes. I change my oil every 5000 miles and my Cherokee still runs like a top. Jeep did good when they built this one. Leather is still in great shape. All the bells and whistles still work as advertised. Just bought a Liberty for a tow vehicle for my motor home, hope it is as good as the Cherokee.

The worst vehicle ever made
By SO UPSET on 05/10/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It started w/the Rotors from the day I drove it off the lot.I've blocked it out of mind just how money I spent & the RUN AROUND from the dealership & the corporate. I fixed the rotors (later recalled). When I called corporate they told me it was too late, I'd fixed them. What was I supposed to do, be killed or kill someone else b/c of defective brakes and rotors. Next,the windows;first passenger side - 400.00+ to fix, then the drivers side & one in the back. The blinkers work sometimes & others they don't. The locks only work with the Key remote. I'm too poor to anything about it. I've started (too late) to take tag numbers of other similar jeeps. I have sweat dreams of a Class Action.

2nd one 4 me
By jim in alabama on 03/10/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee and I am very happy with it. Would not rate is as high as a Toyota Highlander but close. I have had no trouble with my Jeep. Had a 1988 model that ran forever, 188000 miles and the only, thing other than regular mx, was one fuel injector went bad, (I fixed) and the alternator went out at 175000 miles and I fixed it myself, too. I could use bigger cup holders and better fuel economy, 16-18 in town and 20-22 on the highway. This is where Toyota has Jeep beat hands down. Plus the Toyota has better power and acceleration. All in all for what I paid I got a really pretty vehicle that is fun to drive and is practical for me. Great radio controls!!!

2003 Jeep Laredo is a Danger on the road
By Valerie on 02/11/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Jeep is now in the shop for the 6th time in 5 weeks, for the same problem-it keeps shutting off; at lights, stop signs, on the road, in the parking lot. Lose power steering and brakes. Only has not quite 58,000 miles on it over 6 years and 3 months. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler car again.

This really is a good Jeep
By Aaron on 10/22/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this thing in 2007 with 33,000 miles on it, and the only issues I have had with are a fan module went out which caused it to overheat once or twice and the dealership replaced it with no questions asked. Also some of the window regulators broke which is was a little bummed about at first but was able to get them to stay up and the a/c works great so oh well! other than that I LOVE THIS THING! This is my second vehicle and the first was a 92' Cherokee with the same engine which is an awesome engine the 4.0 L inline six is said to be one of the best inline six's ever made! I just turned over 77,000 miles and it still runs so smooth, acceleration is great, and i get 400 miles a tank!

2003 Jeep or Heap?
By GRUNE on 10/07/08 05:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I first bought the Jeep I loved it. Fun to drive, looks great. Now it has become a hazard and fear to drive. It loves to just quit for no reason. I could be on the highway going 60 MPH and it just quits! Then trying to steer off the hwy with no power steering is always fun. It also likes to buck, or just shut off when slowing down for traffic lights or turns. I now hate driving it. I have taken it to several mechanics and they use the computer to read the codes and all it tells them is "Vapor Locks" None of them can fix it. They all tell me to get rid of it. I can't because I still owe to much. So I will drive it til the wheels fall off or it kills me.

Jeeps are the most reliable vehicles
By Janna on 08/15/08 23:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2003 Laredo for 7 months and would not trade it for anything. When I got it, I had to replace the main cylinder valve which cost $200. A couple of months ago the window motor and regulator went out and had to be replaced. It was very easy to replace and took less than 15 minutes. To replace it cost $100. I don't understand why so many people do not like their Jeep. Yes some things aren't perfect on them but that is expected out of every vehicle. They are very safe and reliable. I've saw jeeps that have been flipped 6 times and driven home or some that have been hit going 75 mph into an embankment and still driven home. I will not drive anything other than a Jeep.

Best choice for the money!!!!
By Kam on 06/03/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love this vehicle. We bought the straight 6 so we avoided a lot of the headaches associated with the 4x4. An SUV that is reliable and fun to drive. I will never own anything but a Jeep from now on. It has pickup when you need it.