2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
By bebo33 on
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this used for my wife. She loves everything about it. Me? I hate sinking more money into a below average SUV. I've replaced driver and rear power window motors. I've replaced the radiator twice. Rear tail light circuit board went out. Air only blowed on defrost wouldn't blow on your face or feet, and its gets awful gas mileage for even an SUV. Bought it with 86K miles it now has 120K. I've done everything mentioned above in just over two years. My first Jeep was a 95 Wrangler that was great, but when the wife is ready for something newer we are going to pass the Jeep dealerships and look for something with fewer problems.
Favorite Features
I like the fact that everything that has broken was somewhat easy to fix, even for a do it yourself type person like me. I don't like the fact that a lot of things broke. A lot of things!
Suggested Improvements
Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch. Sure they look good and seem to be popular, but only because they are cheap. The American economy is down and that may be part of the reason for the their popularity, but as many things as I've replaced or had replaced the Jeep Cherokee is not cheap to fix. Gas prices are crazy and to be honest, there are way better products out there, which is exactly why Jeep won't be my first choice when it comes time to buy another SUV.