2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: On last leg

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

On last leg
By 300game67 on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought ours in 2001 October. It stopped on us a year after we purchased it. It just stopped in the middle of the road but they fixed it. The maintenance cost started to get high in 2012, 2013 and so will be in 2014, with expected repair cost of 5000. We have 135K miles now and it still looks great inside and out but maintenance cost is going up. We are seriously thinking not to do any more repairs and just let it fall apart. What do you think?

We love the old look and it feels great on the road.

I guess when it gets over 100K start looking for new car. The dealer can't tell you how long it will last, I wish they could.
By pslcountrygirl
on 06/04/14 09:47 AM (PDT)

I have to say I am right with you on that. I have the same one and it's starting to nickle and dime me, all though it looks great inside and out. I am putting new brakes on it every year (not sure why) and I am now needing to replace my radiator fan relay for the 2nd time in a year. It's time for it to go. All though I love the vehicle it is going to cost me more to keep it at this point.