2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: What happened to quality?

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

What happened to quality?
By natewo on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Cherokee with 42k miles on it. It is now at 80K miles. The bulk of miles have come from traveling from utah to idaho to visit family and neither me or my wife are aggressive drivers. Since I have owned it here is a list of things that broke. Both front window motors, replaced all four rotors, fixed the transmission, radiator fan relay, The bearings in the back end shattered causing oil to leak onto the e-brake whole back end torn apart to fix that mess, blown head gasket, cracked head, water pump... I was so excited to get a Jeep and to support an American car company. 1st and last Jeep I will ever own. Nissan and Toyota, here I come.

I didn't drive it enough to really have a favorite feature... I guess just having it run for a few weeks without a problem was the 'highlight.'

Start over. I don't know how you can redeem such a horrible mistake.
By wizofozpats
on 09/08/11 10:23 AM (PDT)

OH AND IT ONLY HAS 69,000 MILES ON IT

By wizofozpats
on 09/08/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

I bought this hunk of junk brand new..before warranty was up trans blew, both front windows motors broke, have a rattling in the dash that no one seems to know what the hell it is..When i make a right turn it squeals and just had to put a new radiator in and it sounds like the trans is gonna blow again..I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A JEEP AGAIN!!! NOTHING BUT A CASH PIT!!!!