2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Proud Owner Of A Rock Solid 20

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Proud Owner Of A Rock Solid 2002 JCG
By ferrisbueller609 on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am the original owner of a 2002 JGC Laredo I6/RWD with very little extras and I can't praise this vehicle enough. Now has 105k miles and no major problems to report. Did have the passenger window motor fail and the A/C had to be replaced last summer. I have used Mobil 1 synthetic on all oil changes since 1000 miles and the engine is still strong. Over 8 years, I have AVERAGED 18.5 MPG and get 23 easily on the highway at 70 MPH. From reading the reviews, it seems that my results are not typical, but I do take great care in driving and maintaining my mighty JGC. The exterior styling is classic, the interior is functional and comfortable and even without 4WD it handles the snow like a champ!

Classic exterior styling, great road presence in snow and rain, comfortable driver seat with commanding view of the road. An excellent daily driver with very little performance or maintenance issues.

Beware of window motor issues, A/C and the hydraulic lift on hood should have been more durable