2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Gas Pumps become tourist destinations

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Gas Pumps become tourist destinations
By Mechem on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

First off, we bought this car brand new and drove it to the grave (totaled in an accident). So with that said, I feel now that its gone I can write this. The car ran perfectly to 100k. Never had a single mechanical error other than the AC failing 2 times. Car was fun to drive, could go anywhere. But it was slower than molasses. The V6 just simply didnt move the car. The gas mileage stunk. I averaged 13 city 15 highway. Still though I had a lot of great times in the car, and really nothing much went wrong. If gas ever drops in price I would get another.

Favorite Features

Size of the car allowed you to "Jungle" any terrain. Curbs were not a problem. Open fields... jumps... rivers... mud.... Leather was great. Fold down backseats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is terrible beyond words. Perhaps go diesel or hybrid or something. AC seems to have issues. heated seat died in a couple years. Let the front seats fold down more they barely bend forward which made packing long objects tough.