2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Expected better

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Expected better
By KGB-Kenny on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm seeing a lot of things on these reviews that I've experienced myself. Bought new in 2002 and have had problems with rotors/brakes too. Also the dual zone climate control door went bad (expensive to fix). Also hood struts went bad as well as the gas cap (you'll know when your engine light comes on)...I've seen these 2 problems a lot on reviews. Not sure the seat leather is actually leather - after a few years it gets a bit plastic-y. Also needs more leg room for the driver (I'm 6'2"). Overall it's not bad, but considering it sold for about $38k new I expected much better for my money.

Favorite Features

I feel confident with it in bad weather. We don't get a lot of snow in the Washington DC area, but have driven in it elsewhere with no problems. Driving in heavy rain isn't a problem either.

Suggested Improvements

A lot of the same problems I'm reading in reviews (brakes/rotors, gas caps, hood struts, AC/heat problems, etc) Jeep hopefully has taken note, but I doubt it. For a smallish SUV, it drives like a tank so handling could be better. I don't plan on buying another Jeep after this one.