Could be better
By gypsy77 on
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD in 2007, used with 70k miles on it. I thought I got a deal of a lifetime on the price. I've only had this vehicle for about 8 months. So far, things that have been wrong with it include: Car lost power and wouldn't start back up for about and hour, then it would die again (had to get that fixed $300), brakes are making a grinding noise even though I am told the brake pads are fine, in reverse it makes a weird clunking and vibrating sound, the mechanics say nothing is wrong. The engine light has been on for a month. Feels squirrely on the highway. I can't afford to keep getting things fixed! I also own a 2000 Honda Civic, never have any problems!
Favorite Features
Looks great inside and out, very sporty style. Roomy, comfy. Awesome stock stereo and speakers. Electric everything, very convenient. Not too bad on gas.
Suggested Improvements
Get the car parts to quit making clunking, vibrating, and grinding noises. It sounds scary, like it might break down at any moment. Doesn't make the driver feel very safe! Tighten up the "squirrely" feeling while driving. A lot of loose play in the steering wheel which makes it feel squirrely.