buy a older one forget about the 02's
By brandon on
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
Well I am a huge Jeep fan this was my second purchase it had 40k miles on it when I bought it back in 05. Drove it everywhere loved the thing had it for a year put maybe 30k miles the transmission went out luckily i bought the extended warranty they fixed it a couple months go by the ac quits working ($1,000 repair) then the window motor breaks on the passenger window ($500 repair) another month later the driver window motor breaks ($500 repair) power steering ($300 repair)the heated seats broke the speakers busted didn't fix those two repairs. The transmission just went out again at 120k miles so I sold it for salvage because i refuse to spend another dime on it
Favorite Features
It was a great drive road great loved every bit of it 4x4 all wheel drive worked great. Very comfortable for road trips looked great had chrome rims every option you can think of everyone was like wow nice ride.
Suggested Improvements
Use better quality parts that don't break so easily. DO NOT BUY 2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED you will regret it buy an older one or a newer one that has better reviews (Still love jeep just bought the wrong year everyone has opps every once and a while)
By sadjeepowner
on 05/26/11 18:07 PM (PDT)

Holy Hell! You must have the twin sister to my V8 '02! I'm talking right down to the windows and speakers! I love my truck but I will NEVER own another. When my transmission went out the first time (under extended warranty thank God) it sat at the dealership for 30 DAYS. I'm told it's because the warranty company couldn't decide whether to rebuild or replace. I begged to replace with new. NOPE! Rebuild. Another 2 weeks without a ride. This happened hardly two years ago and guess what. Yesterday, back in the shop we go. Don't talk to me about the AC!!!!! How dificult can this job be??? The whole experience cost me more time and money than the truck is worth. Jeep should really be looking at ways to compensate those of us that have suffered with the lost $$$$ and time, then make a permanent fix to this stuff or go out of business. I am waiting for this last round of repairs (all at once mind you, the transmission, AC and a new one, stabilizer shock) to be finished. Once done I'm filing a formal complaint to the Crysler Corp for reimbursement for some of this ridiculous waist of MY $$$$$, lost time at work and the utter frustration this has caused.