2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Save your money and buy something else!
By BillJ on 02/28/02 21:12 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It looks great and is fun to drive when it is working but that is not very often. I have had mine in the shop (all covered under warranty) 6 times in the first 9 mo. with problems from a leak in the fire wall that let rain water flood in to the drivers area to the transmission jerking every 10-15 sec at highway speeds.

2000 JGC
By Verlee on 02/27/02 17:59 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

In spite of questionable reliability of the JGC, mine has performed very well. My only complaints: on very hot days, the air conditioner does not seem to keep the interior as cool as other vehicles that I have owned (i.e. Toyota 4-Runner). Also the vehicle is louder than previously owned vehicles. It is, however, much more powerful and comfortable than any other SUV that I know of in its class AND I can pull my 25 foot trailer in the Colorado Rocie Mountains without any problem!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is Awesome
By Jeff1145 on 02/27/02 10:12 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My experience so far has been great. Greeat steering, reliable, pickup is REALLY good, has great towing capacity.

lemon
By george welch on 02/26/02 22:19 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH TWO DIFFERENT JEEPS. TOOK FIRST JEEP BACK 13 TIMES ON THE TRANSMISSON STARTED TO LEAK AT 23000 MILES. WAS TALKED INTO A TRADE HOPING THAT THE FIRST ONE WAS A LEMON,IT WAS WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE THEY REPLACED THE BRAKES AND ROTOR AT 5000 MILES AND HAD THE SAME CLUNKING FROM THE TRANSMISSION AS WITH THE FIRST I HAD IT AT THE DEALER THE FIRST WEEK WITH FUEL PUMP PROBLEM AND THE RADIO ALSO WOULD NOT GET FM. I TOOK IT BACK A TOTAL OF 12 TIME IN LESS THAN 7 MONTHS. .

Pretty GOOD
By Ata on 02/26/02 00:56 AM (PST)

good