2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Jeep Cherokee Laredo
By Lora Johnson on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Jeep and I have no problems with it. I do suggest keeping up the maintenance on it. Like with anything you buy, if you take the care in to car doctor on the scheduled visit's you will get great performance out it. You cant just drive and drive and expect any vehicle to not ever need some type of up keep maintenance. I love the Jeeps and would not think of buying anything else.

jeep
By chuckles on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

great 4x4

loving this one
By dave sencet on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

enjoy it al the way

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
By Bige on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming to the end of a 3yr lease on a 1999 Grand Cherokee. Here are some of the lowlights of my last 3yrs. Doorlocks went out twice,1st year and again in the last 6 mos. . Drivers seat weld broke. Mickey mouse plastic trim shows much wear . Trasmission occasionally slips. No guts at all. All my driving was onroad, I couldn't imagine taking this wimpy POS offroad. I would absolutely never buy or lease another Daimler-Chrysler product ever again. Just a terrible product! Good luck to anybody who would buy one of these in any year. Every other Grand Cherokee owner I've spoken to has had a similar experience

Jeep Grand Cherokee
By N/A 1 on 03/17/02 19:16 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best car ever,thats if u owned a Yogo in the past.

Unfortunate Unreliability
By envoy2002 on 03/17/02 01:31 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had JGCL V8 for 1 and half years. 36000 miles. Repeated mechanical problems, some which were replaced identically 3 or 4 times. Chrysler is taking back the vehicle. For $38K vehicle, it should not fall apart so quickly. Pitty since it is a beautifull looking vehicle and has nice interior amenities (granted, not as many as others, but quite ergonomic and functional).

Won't be buying when the lease is over.
By Bert1287 on 03/16/02 22:06 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We will be returning our Jeep when the lease is over. The ride is stiff, even for an SUV. The front seats are uncomfortable for any trip longer than an hour. Front seats are narrow and never seem to hit us in the right spots no matter how many ways we adjust them. Visibility is so-so with the narrow front windshield and wide a-pillars.

MY JEEP
By hal on 03/14/02 01:42 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Jeep to me is a Die-Hard SUV that seems to have the power and luxury that most SUV's just seem to lack. Even though the new Trailblazer that Chevy came out with has 270 horsepower, the Jeep just felt like it would leave it in the dust. Plus, the interior of the Chevy is just too tinny to me.

So far, so good
By William C. Turpin on 03/13/02 00:10 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought it and am very pleased so far. It performed extremely well on a recent 1100 mile trip. I'm getting about 17 mpg around town and 21 on the highway.

Best Mid Sized SUV
By MikeH on 03/12/02 18:42 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Jeep Grand Cherokee for going on 9 months with no problems. It has great performance, wonderfully designed interior, a terrific stereo. It is definitely a cut above the rest in its class.