2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Superb
By oliver on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Initial evaluation is superb. Well- built; handles and rides great.

my grand cherokee
By mattruby13 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

so far i havent had any problems what so ever with my jeep before i goit this one i owned a 1999 grand cherokee ltd with the 4.7l V8. i was surprised about how this truck performance off road and on road.

Most bang for BUCK!
By boo on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I spent countless hours researching to find what I thought would be my best bet in the SUV market. I was a little bit concerned about the Jeep's reliability based on some write-ups I had viewed. Well let me tell you, when preventive maintenance i.e. oil change,rotate tires etc. is kept up, the Jeep will be there when it counts. I will tell anyone, before you buy, give a Jeep a try. It will be the best move you've ever made regarding a vehicle purchase.

Don't buy a Jeep
By jerirp on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had more problems with my Jeep than with any other vehicle I have owned.

Very good Ride
By bob willington on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good buy, this midsize SUV is a consumers dream. Great for teenagers. Fuel economic.

My 2nd Grd. Cherokee
By ebgrumka on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a luxary car. Superior handling. The 2002 exhibits a bit more power from a standing start than my 1999. Other improvements are a more even cooling/heating system and better stereo sound.

My comparison of Laredo -vs- Durango
By Demo'ing on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Am testing driving a Laredo this week in anticipation of trading my 99 Durango SLT - both are 2WD models. Laredo has far less blind spots, smoother handling (less truck feel),shorter turn ratio (nice), V6 engine peppier than the large V8- averaging 4 miles more a gallon (18.3) than the Durango, seats material and fabric is more comfortable. Have added 6 features on this model vs 3 take- aways from Durango (3rd bench seat, fold-down rear armrest and some cup holders).

Jeep Rating
By Mike Kuhnsman on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good experience so far

I'm happy.
By Chayo on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this car a month ago. We are so happy with it. It rides so smooth;it is like a sedan. The fuel consumption is great. The cargo space is more than enough for a mom with three boys.

1999 grand cherokee
By drfrickenevil on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my jgc for 3 years.i had a few of the popular problems, such as jerking forward after coming to a complete stop.after 3 visits to the dealer(and a new drivetrain),that problem was solved.the transmission stinks!it jerks forward when accelerating.the overall design is great, but they need to do something about this transmission.there is no shot of buying this vehicle!