2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
4X4 Junk
By Casablanca on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Terrible vehicle. Have owned another GC and it have had to spend $$$ in repairs at 50K.(Happened after buying lastest and last Jeep). Both differentials went as well as Xfer case.

Jeep is a heap of junk
By jeepstinks on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After buying our jeep grand cheerokee for the great looks and good comfort, we soon found out that it was the biggest piece of junk we've ever owned. for the money that i've poured into that thing, i could have a hefty down payment on a bently. This car has been nothing but trouble since the day we drove it off the lot. Our jeep dealership has not been helpful AT ALL (quite nasty actually). Needless to say, we are trading in that horibble hunk of metal.

Great SUV
By Roger6855 on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle so far has been a pleasure to own in everyway and for a 4X4, it handles great and is very comfortable for short and long trips.

Jeep AC problems
By megd1 on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a 02 Grand Cherokee Laredeo and the AC is horrible. We live in El Paso TX were the temp stays above 100 degrees. The problem is that my Ac does not produce cold air at all it is a sauna in the back seat! The dealer says that it is fine but you can not tell by looking at my young children getting out of the rear seat. The maintenance Tech said they have numerous complaints about it. So if live were it gets very hot think twice before buying a Jeep

Swapping Ends
By Lt. Sandy Fagina on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This 4x4 Jeep is fun to drive if the front end is in front. If you ever need extra adrinaline in your life you can occasionally spin a tire or two (only in 2wd) and if you're lucky, fish tail it in the rain. The reliability could be better. At about 3000 miles a camshaft sensor malfunctioned, shutting down the entire car, immobilizing it.

2002 Jeep GC Limited best vehicle ever!
By Gary Mitchell on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this new Jeep, 8 months and 8000 miles and so far perfect in every way shape and form. Perfect finish and fit, well-thought out interior. Powerful engine. This is a very fun vehicle to drive, high speed or low. Over 100mph smooth as silk, no vibrations or rattles.

My good suv
By JGCDoug on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep the first one an 88 jeep 6Cyl 180,000 miles almost trouble free for 14 years. My new Jeep a 2002 Grand Cherokee . Was by far the best value for the money . Very smooth ride . Fun to br in and to drive. We have had this Jeep for 20,000 miles with no problems .I like the car an in anothre 11 years plan to purchase another one .

Don't Buy It !!!!!!
By Jeep Grand Garbage on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2000 JGC Laredo with all the options. MSRP $32,500. I have resurfaced the rotors twice and then replaced them, replaced fuel pump, 2 new batteries, I have a constant wind noise comming through the front passenger window. I also have an annoying popping noise that comes from the steering column everytime I put pressure on it. I wish I could get rid of this thing ASAP, only I am carrying $10,000 in negative equity due to the poor resale value!!!! Get a HONDA, ACURA, TOYOTA, or NISSAN!

Keep Trying Chrysler/ Jeep
By jeepjnk on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

For a $30k+ vehicle, the Grand Cherokee is more trouble than it is worth. 4 recalls, 2 rear diffs. later and only 10k miles. I should have bought an MDX!

I love this SUV
By sksj on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this 2002 Jeep Laredo and love it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. Looking forward to winter to see how good the four wheel drive is in snow and ice. Had a 94 Blazer and hated every minute I owned it and was very leery of another SUV. The Laredo has turned me around. Gas mileage is a pleasant surprise. If you want comfort and functionality-get a Jeep.