2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Used for Everything

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Used for Everything
By donnieb on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Jeep and have used it like a Jeep. I off road, carry friends and dogs, tow my boat, and load it up with cargo for a weekend with the guys up in Vermont. Overall, I love my Grand Cherokee, this is my 2nd one, the 1st being a '97. I just turned 100,000 on it and have had absolutely no drive train problems. It drive to NC frequently and the trip is always comfortable. The ride is great for a solid axle SUV, replace the shocks with Bilstein's for an even better ride.

Smooth engine with nice power, Superb off road and in the snow. Comfortable seats and ergonomics. Great to take on a long trip.

Front brakes! They're terrible! I have been through 4 sets of rotors in the 4 years I owned it. Chrysler should have never produced these vehicles, knowing that front rotors warp after 5,000 miles. I'm surprised they have not killed anyone and got sued. Next vehicle will be an import.