Save your rebate to pay your repair bill
By zman2 on
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I am currently trying to figure out how to get rid of this vehicle. I have alot of time to do this since it is in the shop with transmission problems again. I have had the brakes redone 4 times in 53k miles, the transmission is currently out, and we have had various electrical problems along the way. It has been 8 times that I can think of in 53 k miles. I had a Honda and a Toyota before this with no problems. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. If you buy this vehicle, buy a good extended warranty (0 deductible), because even $100 deductible adds up. And save your rebates and incentives. You'll need them.
Favorite Features
The radio. That is the only thing that works reliably. The roof rack is pretty nice. I can get two kayaks on with no problem. The extended warranty is pretty good too. Get the $0 deductible one, though.
Suggested Improvements
Start over. It is not worth trying to fix. I will never buy another chrysler product and will tell everyone I know about how bad this experience was. Dealer support is poor, and chrysler corporate is even worse. I should have spent the money and bought a 4runner.