2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Save your rebate to pay your r

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Save your rebate to pay your repair bill
By zman2 on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am currently trying to figure out how to get rid of this vehicle. I have alot of time to do this since it is in the shop with transmission problems again. I have had the brakes redone 4 times in 53k miles, the transmission is currently out, and we have had various electrical problems along the way. It has been 8 times that I can think of in 53 k miles. I had a Honda and a Toyota before this with no problems. I will never buy a Chrysler product again. If you buy this vehicle, buy a good extended warranty (0 deductible), because even $100 deductible adds up. And save your rebates and incentives. You'll need them.

The radio. That is the only thing that works reliably. The roof rack is pretty nice. I can get two kayaks on with no problem. The extended warranty is pretty good too. Get the $0 deductible one, though.

Start over. It is not worth trying to fix. I will never buy another chrysler product and will tell everyone I know about how bad this experience was. Dealer support is poor, and chrysler corporate is even worse. I should have spent the money and bought a 4runner.