2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Problematic Vehicle

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Problematic Vehicle
By Laura on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

After a year of having my GC, I had one problem after the next. In the last year, the window regulator has had to be replaced on the passenger and driver side. Also, the check engine light has gone on at least 6 times, and all repairs were very costly and usually required new parts. Finally, my transmission randomly gave out after exiting the highway one day. I've had my check engine light go on twice in one week for completely separate problems. This was my first Jeep and will most certainly be my last due to the reliability issues. The good things about this car are overshadowed by all the repairs-at the rate I'm spending money on it I could have bought an 07 instead of going used!

It's fun to drive (when it's working) and the 4 wheel drive works great. I go to school in West Virginia and in that respect it handled the winter fine. The trunk space is also great for when I move to and from college or am going to horse shows.

Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!! Also, the transmission could be a little smoother when it shifts gears.