2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Jeep Grand Cherokee Lare-dead!

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Jeep Grand Cherokee Lare-dead!
By Andrew183 on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Only thing comforting to know here is sadly, I'm not the only one with the same problems. Just had the governor sensor and solenoid, and a snap ring replace for $650 at independent mechanic. I have basically had a total rebuild of the engine cooling system, radiator, water pump, radiator, (2) cooling fans. Total rebuild of the brakes twice. Every window regulator has broken, 5 different times on various windows, and am at the point that my passenger rear is going unfixed. Luckily I know how to fix that cause it is a $400. I live beachside and had garage kept the vehicle and it has thoroughly rusted through the roof in a matter of 2 years. Moon roof, gone. Windshield, cracked. Unbelievable!

A roomy ride for a 5-passenger vehicle. Handles nicely. Has some power with the old 4.0L I6 Motor.

A reliable car would be nice. It is no surprise anymore, that every month I seem to have a $250+ problem, which to me means I need to throw this away and get a new car. Why throw money at a train wreck.