2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: A real 4x4 vehicle

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

A real 4x4 vehicle
By dues711 on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Jeep has exceeded all expectation. Its full time 4 wheel drive with Quadra Trac II transfer case The 4.7 V8 with full tow package oil and tras coolers make this Jeep a real workhorse. It has had minor problems considering I abuse this truck. It goes through mud, snow, climbs and forges water like its made for. Yes I have replaced the rotors 3x's but thats because of the inferior Asian steel that they are made of. replace with a set of slotted rotors & ceramic pads problem solved. I'm running LT truck tires instead of the P passenger car tires it comes with. rides a little stiffer but a small sacrifice for towing and off road use. I did replace an axle bearing in the rear but at 100k!

Favorite Features

4x4 this Jeep gets used and abused and looks just as good as new. It will go anywhere ad do things other 4 wheel drive vehicles would just have to sit back and watch. It has Horsepower and torque. And without sacrificing comfort. this truck does the job others can't!

Suggested Improvements

Could replace rotors with slotted, and upgrade the power steering pump to a heavier duty version. [its been through 3 pumps] but I do use it hard off road and thats hard on steering. The heated seats burned out at 75k. But everything else is awesome!!