2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: 60th Anniversary Edition

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

60th Anniversary Edition
By Burago47 on

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this vehicle new in 2001 with 6 miles on it. Liked it because it had two tone interior, rather than the one color (dark grey) fits all that most new cars use in the interior. Now has 57K with no major problems, other than brake rotors once at 30K, repaired under warranty, and leak in the sunroof, also repaired under warranty. Still looks as good as the day I got it, inside and out, and it has been left outside in the Northeast. Will be coming off lease in April and I plan to buy it. I don't like the looks of the '05 Grand Cherokee, but it does ride and handle better than the old model. The old Jeep has classic styling that I'm afraid we will not see again.

Styling - still the best looking vehicle on the road. Go anywhere drivetrain. Powerful and fast V8, runs on 87 octane. Auto dimming rear view mirror and steering wheel radio controls. Not bad highway mileage for a big V8 car - around 20 mpg. Will keep until the wheels fall off.

Memory mirrors do not reset properly. Repaired and then replaced, still didn't solve the problem. Inner rims on the chrome wheels discolored and deteriorated on the surface. Leather on steering wheel worn prematurely, never saw that happen on any car before.