2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Jeep Grand Cherokee
By flickanita on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have been very pleased with our Jeep. There has been only 1 problem. The vehicle would jump when accelerating up a small hill while in CC.We wish there was better gas mileage.I am concerned with the Seat Belt Buckles opening in a crash or roll- over. I have written Chrysler and the dealer. We do not back out of the drive-way without buckling up. Because of rear wheel drive and the tendency for SUV's to roll, I don't feel as safe as I did in a our min-van. We are happy with the 7 yr. 100,000 mile warranty. P.S. I always carry a drink cup filled with ice and it is exactly across from the buckle so you can see why I am concerned.

NO BACKING ON PRODUCT
By AROD on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE TWO GRAND CHEROKEES. MY WIFE AND I ENJOY EACH OF THEM. HOWEVER THE BRAKE ROTOR PROBLEM IS THE BIG DRAW BACK. THE MANUFACTURER DOES ACKNOWLEDGE IT IS A PROBLEM AND IS ONLY ISOLATED TO A CERTAIN NUMBER. BOTH OF MY JEEPS HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND CHANCES ARE YOU DO TOO. MAKE YOUR REPORTS AND DOT LET THEM PUSH US AROUND.

Nothing like a Jeep!
By JeepLover on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 Laredo w/4WD! Have owned 4WDs in the past but none performed as well offroad as the Jeep. I've found myself in some sticky situations since buying it but my Jeep has always saved me. While not the most luxurious of vehicles inside, you'd be hard-pressed to find an SUV made more SOLIDLY than a Jeep. Here in the south, I put it into P/T 4WD while driving in rainstorms & have never even slid, let alone hydroplane; always a problem w/prev cars. The folding seats & roomy cargo area let me fit just about anything in the rear easily. None of my prev SUVs made me feel more safe or secure than this one. We plan to always own a Jeep from now on!

gas hog
By trainerss on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I'm pleased with my Jeep but what reall irks me is that I get such poor gas mileage. I only average 12 mpg in the city with a v6.

My Jeep Works
By BillinTexas on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been impressed with my 6-cyl. GC; has 14,000+ miles, no problems with brakes or anything else. It is fun to drive, good size for parking and traffic, and so far, is holding up great.

"Don't make a pretty woman your wife"
By Mona on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle never should have been allowed on the market. The dealers have been trained to tell consumers that "everything is normal for that vehicle". It has become known for differential and brake rotor problems, just to mention a few. I must say, it is the most comfortable riding SUV I have driven.....but that is NOT ENOUGH>

2001 Grand Cherokee
By Mark N. on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Underrated vehicle.

Grand Cherokee rocks!
By GladIdid on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Limited in 99, has been great vehicle ever since. Not one major problem to report.

the "Jeugo"
By iceman36 on 03/13/02 10:12 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The moulded interior of the 2002 JGC Laredo reminds me of a child's cheap plastic toy. The driver's side is so cramped that I can barely keep from stepping on my own feet. The glove compartment is so small that the only thing that will fit in it is a pair of gloves. And finally, the car vibrates in idle.

2001 JUNK
By jasmine biggins on 03/11/02 20:13 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

ALMOST $30,000 AND NOTTIN BUT PROBLEMS. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE REVIEWS. I AM AT HOME IN BUFFALO,NY BUT MY JEEP IS IN FAIRFIELD CT. THIS TIME IT WILL NOT ACCELLERATE UPHILL. BEFORE FEATHER TIRES; GOT NEW TIRES AND IT IS THE SAME OLD THIONG.REPLACED FUEL PUMP AND ROTORS. LOST 3 DAYS WORK SO FAR, HAD TO BORROW A FRIENDS CAR TO GET HOME AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!!!DO NOT BUY IT