Used 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

JD Who?
By hard2pleez

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know where JD Power gets their data, but other than needing a 4.7L vs. a 4.0L, this vehicle is really nice. Had a LED heated seat indicator burn out, fixed ASAP by the dealer. Normal brakes and tires, but otherwise, primo vehicle.

Style, visibility, ergonomics, great lighting

V-8 only

I'm a satisfied customer
By Revchk

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my JGC even after reading all the reviews that are listed here on this site. I did the smart thing, and asked current Jeep owners personally. Sure, there may be problems, but other than the CAM shaft transformer and problems with my stereo (which where all fixed under a few hours with the warrenty I purchased), it has been a fantastic car, comfortable drive, and a good investment. I drive through creek beds and fields often for fishing trips (no problems). But more improtantly, my grandmother is able to get in an out of my JGC with ease. It high enough off the ground so she doesn't have to struggle. Those who have complained w/ reviews, what do you hope to accomplish?

I love the computer displays and warning sounds (low gas, etc). It is nice having them. I also like the smooth ride and comfort for myself and passengers. The 4wd has been exceptional .

My only observation would be to make little changes like a larger glover compartment, easier to figure out how to fold down the seats (one may not always have the book to review), ans so forth to make this vehicle that much more of a luxery to own.

Nice Looking, but problems lay ahead
By Fantaciabear

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchsed this vehicle in Illinoi and I live on long Island, I drove it 1000 miles home and had problems as soon as I hit the highway,Vehicle was loosing coolant every 200 miles and the interior lights kept blowing a fuse so me and my partner were stuck driving a vehicle we were not famaliar with at night with no interior lights (was not fun).But the flash light I kept in the console came in handy.When I got to LongIsland I got the jeep to the nearest Chrysler Dealership only to find the jeep had a cracked cylinder head a 1800$ repair.keep in mind Ive only owned it for 4 days at this time.I did purchase a ext warranty,not off to a good start,I should of purchased another toyota 4 runner.

Stereo system ,Leather interior,Exterior design

The rear seat should lock in position, in some reasonable way,if there were an accident rear passengers would really be in trouble.

Not bad, but not excellent either
By unlimited problems

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV with a turning radius that is unbelievable. The power from the 4.7 is smooth and torquey. Have had some problems though. Had the brake rotors replaced once already and the fuel pump. Also something with the struts I believe. The car tows well and the mileage is decent.

Power, audio system, towing ability, turning radius.

Improve the brakes, the rotors seem large enough with the dual piston calipers, just probably not a durable metal. Improve fuel pump too as I have read of others with similar problems.

Excellent
By skywalker

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehichle fun to drive only 1 trip back to dealor for warrenty work excellant

All