2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
this is a great SUV
By it's a jeep thing on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the 2001 GC Limited V8 4.7 for over a year and not one problem. If you want good gas mileage, then don't buy an SUV. This car handles great, super pick up in the mountains, and is a very comfortable ride. There is plenty of room in front and back seats. Besides the usual maintenance, it has never been in the shop. It looks great and drives equally as well. I would buy it again.

ITS A LEMON
By trixy on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

WHERE SHOULD I BEGIN , I PURCHASED THIS CAR BECAUSE I LIKED THE LOOK AND BECAUSE OF THE 0 % FINANCING.BIG MISTAKE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE BMW X5 WHICH HELD ITS VALUE COMPARED TO THE JEEP.IVE HAD PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSMISSION AND NOW THEY TELL ME ITS NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY AFTER 36,000 MILES.

New Used 2001
By mmartinfan on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got it used w/ 27800 miles already broke in.. Had a 95 like it now trying a newer 1. Added a tow package I6 is ok for pulling. not had a chance to use it off road yet since i've only had it 2 weeks now. Great looking. thought I did not like the look, but the ride is great

Great Experience
By Jim Bolton on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Limited is great. The exterior styling is sharp while the interior quality is exceptional. I've owned 28 vehicles since I started driving and this is one of the best vehicles that I have owned. And no...my previous fleet did not include Gremlins, Pintos or Ygos! My Jeep experience has ranked up there with my Infiniti and Lexus experiences.

Second Time Around
By The Jeepster on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our second Jeep in Sept. of this year having owned our first ('90 Cherokee Pioneer) for 11 years and 200,000 miles. Our new 2001 GC Laredo has performed flawlessly for the first 10,000 miles. Compared to our fisrt, it has a much smoother ride and a much more comfortable interior. We are very happy we decided to buy another Jeep.

They Are LEMONS - Buyer Beware
By dandveto on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

>1yr. old-rotors have been replaced Jeep has been recalled potential fire hazard - transmission jumps, lunges, bangs into gear at almost any speed. Dealership said this is normal for electronic transmission. BS. Safety is a major concern when a 4000 pound vehicle lunges into gear at speeds around 60 mph. DiamlerChrysler has called this violent jerking motion a "burp" and a "bump". Market value is adversely affected by this defect. They tried to fix the defect one time by installing spider gears that did nothing. After that they decided it wasn't a problem after all. Dummies, why try to fix something if nothing is wrong? DO NOT BUY THE NEWER JEEPS

DON'T BUY ONE!!!
By Seve on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the second Jeep Cherokee that I have owned, the first was a 1985 2- door Pioneer. This one was nothing but problems, transmission, radiator, stalling, etc... The vehicle was towed twice (the roadside assistance was the only thing I could rely on!). Gas mileage combined never was better than 16.1 mpg. The Goodyear tires spin on the first sign of a damp road. I traded the Jeep with 9,500 miles for a Volvo S60 AWD, awesome car! It will get me through the NE weather just fine without havinf to walk.

Good Vehicle
By Jeep-Satisfied on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been happy with my Laredo. Good looks in interior and exterior. Fuel economy isn't so good, but I was used to driving an Accord. Driver's seat could be a little more comfortable for the long drive. Only real complaint is interior noise is high.

excellent!
By Jeep lover on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my Jeep, it is so much fun and so reliable! I drive in snow almost 7 months of the year and it handles great in the snow. It gets me through anything! I have recommended this vehicle to family members and friends and would recommend to anyone. I have not had any problems with it and I don't think that I ever will. It has been awesome!

Happy so far!
By Cowboy on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about my 2001 Limited Jeep so far. I've only had one problem. I had to replace the front brakes because of a shimmey in the front end. Best looking SUV on the road today, bar none.