2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Owner
By Doris Magan on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives really wonderful, I really don't have any compliants.

We love it
By Dsully on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned our '01 Limited for almost two years now. Had warranty work done for the brake rotors and the driver side heated seat. Dealer service was excellent. I've owned 4x4's for many years and this one is top notch. We have the Up-Country package, which is handy for the off-road stuff that this rig is suberb at! The AWD in snow has a different feel that takes some getting used to, but it gets you where you want to go. Our Jeep is very solid and fun to drive as well as having some nice luxury touches. You can spend much less for an SUV, but then again, what the heck do you work so hard for?

lemon is not my flavor
By bdog on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

car was great until we hit 13000 miles. It was all down hill from here. The electrical system has been a continuing problem as well as the transmission, fuel injectors and cooling system. The car was in for service 7 times over a 9 month period, with no resolve. Safety was a major concern. Thank God for the pro- consumer lemon laws of Illinois that got our money back and lease terminated. Never again.

GREAT JEEP LAREDO
By ADCHICK on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

There are so many mixed reviews on Jeep Grand Cherokees. We just bought a used 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and love it. We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited before this and it lasted us 10 years. It is a relaible car. Could not reccoment anything better! After reading all the commentary here, I beleive either you love or hate a Jeep. There is no in between.

My 3rd Jeep
By Mustico on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

A blast to drive. Excellent tow vehicle.

Jeep Grand Cherokee- Hi Country
By Jack McG on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Grand Cherokee has been a wonderful vehicle. It has had zero manufacturing flaws, despite being a totally loaded vehicle. The 4WD is unstoppable. We have the Hi Country package which has an inch more ground clearance. This is not a fake SUV it's the real thing. A nice plus is Jeep paint. I have never see a post Chrysler purchase Jeep with rust damage (except wher there is serious body damage).

Jeeps suck!
By M.Ziolo TL on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I should have been careful and bought a Japanse Suv. The MPG sucks and so does the ride. The engine is very weak and build quality is poor.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Karon on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our fifth Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. We have found the vehicles to be very dependable. We have driven on long trips through the Arizona desert in August. We have driven in the cold Nebraska winters. They perform wonderfully in all situations.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By karon on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Buyer Beware
By Juan234 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start... The front and rear differential seals have been replaced along with the seal around the oil pan. Suupossedly bad from the factory. Plus the control for the climate control went out after 3000 miles and did I mention that the sun roof leaks and they have replaced the headliner. Oh, and by the way the driver's side seat heater was replaced and now the passenger side is going out as well. So far this has all been under warranty but when it's up this car is going to cost me a fortune. Don't just take my word for it, read the other reviews. Buyer beware unless you want to spend alot of time at the delear's repair shop.