2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great comfortable reliable Jeep
By jcool1985 on 07/09/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my jeep used with 60k miles in 2005 and it now has a little over 95k. I love it! It is very comfortable and fun to drive. The limited trim really makes it upscale and the leather seats are like pillows very nice. The exterior and interior are very nice and the build quality is good. Better than the new 05+ grand cherokee's in my opinion. The newer ones just seem cheaper. The 4.7L V8 is a great powerful engine that still gets pretty good gas mileage. The V8 really makes this jeep a fun to drive suv not to mention it tows my boat great. My jeep has only required normal service. No major or expensive repairs. Would recommend this suv and would buy another one.

2001 Grand Cherokee limited 2wd 4.7l
By jsn on 09/15/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This could have been one of my favorite vehicles ever. With all the bells and whistles our limited is quite comfortable and the 4.7l v8 is strong in a midsize suv. Rear seats are cramped for adults but fine for children. Build quality is poor. I've had $1600 of work to replace all the a/c blending doors. I've also replaced driver and passenger window regulators as well as one tail light assembly and both headlights due to pitted lenses and driver seat heat element.

Great Jeep
By Kizzi on 03/21/06 06:46 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed every moment of this vehicle! I like speed, sleek, and comfort. I got all of the above.

Take your chances
By Dan on 07/29/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

You are really taking your chances by buying a 2001 Grand. The build quality is terrible. Problems I have had: steering pump and steering column needed to be replaced. Window regulator broken. Electronics nightmare! Gas tank leak. Exterior Jeep logos oxidize along with paint. Do yourself a favor and get an extended warranty. I really think I might have been unlucky by buying this particular Jeep. I've owned two in the past and have never had problems.

Bad Brakes & Tranny
By JF on 07/20/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had brakes in for repair several times. Finally had new rotors installed by brake specialist (they claimed Jeep should have had a recall because of original brake quality). Just had the transmission replaced at 89,000 ($3900). Have been driving all my vehicles for last 40 years over 100,000 miles and never had to replace transmission.

Very enjoyable
By James Nichols on 04/30/05 10:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle used, 1 year old. It now has 65k miles on it and have had 2 problems up to date. I had to replace the driver side window regulator. Plastic piece broke. New piece made with metal. Recirc door for the a/c had to be fixed. New piece supposed to be an upgraded fix. Neither problem overly expensive.

Don't do It!
By Mike M on 01/19/05 10:20 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is by far the worst quality new car I have ever owned. Over a three and one half year ownership, I have had more problems with this car than my 1964 Austin Healy Sprite that I owned in 1966. Most of the problems occurred after the warranty period elapsed. However, there were a host of annoying problems even during the warranty period. With only 47k miles on it, I have replaced a rear window wiper motor (twice), been unable to get my memory seats to work (ever), replace a heating system blower motor, replaced a 'split' power steering line, completely replaced all brake elements, replaced the radiator and associated parts, replaced all four shock absorbers, etc.

Not bad, but not excellent either
By unlimited problems on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV with a turning radius that is unbelievable. The power from the 4.7 is smooth and torquey. Have had some problems though. Had the brake rotors replaced once already and the fuel pump. Also something with the struts I believe. The car tows well and the mileage is decent.

WJ
By demos on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding on/off road performance, great style, powerful engine.

Grad Cherokee after 2 years owned
By Ryno11 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Generally we like it. Depreciation is HORRIBLE!! How about this drop in value? When we bought it 2 years ago, it was worth about $27K. Two years later, it's worth $15K private party. About a 20% depreciation per year!!!! outrageous. At this rate, it won't be worth anything when I'm done paying it off in 2 more years. I like the V8 power, and it's never given us mechanical trouble. Suspension sways from side to side pretty badly on turns though.