2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Three Jeep Family

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Three Jeep Family
By 17thmichigan on

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in August 2008 and love it. I've only had a few minor repairs done to it. My Jeep is properly maintained with all fluids being checked every time I take it in for an oil change at 3,000 miles. Of course having a son who is a service advisor at a Jeep Dealership helps. LOL We also own a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo which is still going strong at 198,000 miles, and a 2010 Jeep Liberty Limited. We are and will remain a Jeep family. Before our current Jeeps we owned 94, 98, and 2000 Jeep Cherokees.

Favorite Features

The interior is beautiful, well designed, roomy and very comfortable. The exterior is also very pleasing to look at. I enjoy the moon roof and the ten disk CD player.

Suggested Improvements

It seems that Chrysler used cheap materials for the Chrome emblems in the early 2000's. This was not just a Jeep problem but it seems like their whole line of automobiles. There have been many Grand Cherokees that have had the drivers side seat bracket break apart, mine included. I feel there should have been a recall for this problem. Overall its been a great vehicle.