2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Love it despite problems

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Love it despite problems
By emsmom on

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the 3rd user of this car. Heated seats & a/c dont work. sunroof no longer seals, power locks are iffy, and previous user had to fix transmission. My feet get hot from engine heat. Replaced the hatchback and hood shocks. I will try to solve the A/C and locking issues. We sealed up the sunroof b/c its a waste anyway - just lets in heat. The biggest problem I have had is the "death wobble". We rebuilt the front-end for $1000 in parts and under a yr later we had the problem again. hubby met a jeep guy and I just bought under $200 aftermarket 2nd steering stabilizer. He was ready to push it off a cliff. I'd rather spend a $1k to get this fixed than to spend another $2k on another vehicle.

electronic gauges that indicate how many miles you have left til empty! I have relied on that sooo many times. Fold down rear seats. 4wd.

factory death wobble fix. But its really only $200 and under in parts. Just get a husband that can do mechanics! Paint, paint, paint. ugh! I hate the paint peeling from the hood and top of the car. I have battery/corrosion/connection problems. I've replaced batteries, replaced connectors. Replacing the connectors has solved the issue for now.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review