High mileage and still going strong
By megs3 on
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I have 291,000 miles on my Jeep. Yes, I have had repairs beginning at 120,000 through 190,000. The cost of repairs exceeded the cost of my Jeep. However, I HAVE NO PAYMENTS on a newer car, and in analyzing this expense vs buying a new one, I'm still ahead. Paid 12K and put in about 16k. For the repairs, replaced the CV boot about 3 times, replaced regulators in the front windows, and the transmission at about 240,000. And an infamous rattle in the rear end which finally turned out to be the rear door. Truthfully, most of the cost of repair went to inexperienced mechanics that thought they could fix anything, and knew nothing about jeeps. Its a great vehicle and well worth keeping.
Favorite Features
Control due to 4wd, which is really a safety feature and has helped in several incidents to avoid careless drivers. Lumbar adjustable seats, ruggedness, and power. The brakes are great too. I like all of it.
Suggested Improvements
jeep stands for Just empty every Pocket. It would be nice if it were engineered for people that want to keep their cars to the end, and need to find after market parts that work. A lot of the expense is due to having to use Jeep parts only.