Disapointed
By FAL762 on
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
This is pertaining to the limited model with the quadra trac II. Was not a fan of the "all time 4wd". Controlled 4wd seems like it was designed for people who do not know how to use 4wd and need it controlled for them. Brakes were always worn and I was very easy on them. Electronics always seemed to have a problem. The gas line, leak detector, water pump, EVERY seal and gasket, radiator, and lock actuators all went under 75,000 miles. It seemed to have a new leak every month. Parts are extremely expensive. Unknown high pitched wine coming from the front axel. I sold it before I found out what that was. Paint chipped as well.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, lots of interior room. The fold flat seats gave lots of cargo room. I also used it as a tent camping/hunting sometimes as it fits an air mattress or sleeping bag. My mastiffs also liked the room. For an SUV of its size the mileage was not bad.
Suggested Improvements
Overall quality. It ALWAYS had problems. Parts like brakes and shocks wore quickly, so parts that were a bit more heavy duty may have helped. They may have addressed that in the new line, not sure as I got rid of this and got a Wrangler.