2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
'00 Jeep Grand; Great SUV!
By mwr577 on 03/10/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent SUV! I have had very few issues with it. Has much better fit & finish then my last SUV (Blazer); also has better torque & control over the transfer case. Could use a little more power; I tow a 3000 lbs trailer a couple of times a year & it does ok. I've taken it off road several times & have had no problems with anything I put in front of it. Will definitely buy another Grand or possibly a Liberty CRD.

My Jeep...My LEMON!!
By DP on 03/04/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a used Jeep, which seemed like a great buy. To my surprise, this one is a total lemon. Everything has been replaced, and it still doesn't work correctly; radiator, cracked head gasket, oxygen sensors, long block engine, transmission leak, persistant coolant leaks. My engine almost seized several times because the coolant leaks so fast. Do yourself a favor and buy something else.

Quality is just not there.
By steve on 02/19/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is not deserving of its $40k price tag. What a shame because it's a lot of fun to drive when it's not in the shop. With less than 60K miles, this vehicle has been in the shop four times for major repairs, which have included: 1 - Brakes. Rotors replaced 3 times; calipers once. Fortunately all under warranty. 2 - CD Changer. 3 - Driver's side heater assembly failed. 4 - Tranmission Control Module (TCM) needed to be reprogrammed and various other tranmission work was required. 5 - Door Locks failed. 6 - Speaker blew. 7 - Steering column required adjustment. Needless to say, if you decide to purchase a JGC, get an extended warranty! You'll be glad you did.

I love it
By AMYJW on 02/18/05 10:22 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 JGC Laredo used last year. Previously, I had owned a 1998 Cherokee, the most basic kind. With the ease of being able to work on the 1998 Cherokee myself, I was a little skeptical of buying something that I may not be able to work on, what with all the do-dads and such. But so far, the only problem I've had with my 2000 JGC has been the brake system. I knew going into the sale that this would need to be fixed. Luckily, the brakes were as easy to change on my 2000 as they were on the 1998. So far, I couldn't have asked for a better used vehicle. I don't know that I'll ever own anything other than a Jeep again. I hope my luck lasts!

Decent SUV for the money
By Raben on 01/13/05 13:01 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle used with 96K miles. So far I have had no problems other than the brakes wrapping. However it's a heavy vehicle, and coming from someone who used to drag race, it's really not a big deal; replace the brakes with an aftermarket setup and you are done. I have no complaints with this SUV. It plows through snow, moderate/minor ice and rain like a charm and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I average between 18 - 19mpg with mixed city/highway driving (Nashville, TN rush hour traffic) I've gotten up to 22mph on the highway with cruise set at 75 mph.

2000 JGC 4.7 Quadra-Drive
By Bryan on 01/04/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have recently purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It is almost fully loaded with the 4.7 liter and quadra-drive, and also has leather and heated seats. I'm very impressed with the power and acceleration considering this engine is only 287 ci. Handles the ice and snow with no problem, even with the generic tires it came with. The only thing i can complain of is the whining noise on the freeway.

Great SUV with no complaints
By Somebody on 12/14/04 12:28 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle from a private party in Jan. 2004 and put approx. 25k on the odometer already. The vehicle's great! It does not give me any problems (mechanical wise) and the electronics are in great working condition. The original owner had all the service records for the vehicle and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Reliability "?"
By Harold Kurzweg on 12/10/04 09:35 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The vehicle has a excellent general appearance both exterior and interior. Because of the need for a utility type vehicle, the Jeep was selected. On overall usage we rate the vehicle fairly close to outstanding. However reliability is another issue. Problems like coolant leakage resulting in replacing the head to resolve the problem, a minor transmission problem which divulged mismatched parts were installed, differential required total parts replacement. The saving grace was an outstanding service department that did not cut any corners when making the necessary repairs. This is the only auto I ever purchased extended warranty for and was probably the best decision I could have possibly made.

Awesome Jeep
By Korbanjax on 12/07/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I have a 2000 with only 48K on it. The nice 4.7L V8 definitely packs a punch. Towing my motorcycle trailer is no problem and at times you wouldnt even know you are towing anything. Sporty design, awesome leather interior for those long drives to bike week. The V8 gets about 16-17 MPG as I don't drive that far to work. This is an awesome Jeep and they just keep on getting better.

Don't Buy this Vehicle!!!!!!
By JT33 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle new, and have had nothing but probems. Rotors keep warping, door locks keep breaking. I called Chrysler customer service numerous times since the problems were never resolved, they refuse to honor the warranty on their own parts. I've owned two Jeeps prior to this one, as well as other Chrysler vehicles, and will never pruchase another one. They could care less about keeping their customers happy.