Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

I'm sold on Jeeps
By RandyM

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my 2nd Cherokee. I have enjoyed driving this car although I will never get a 6 cyl. engine in a car this heavy again. I got great mileage but a little sluggish getting on the highway. The overall reliability has been unbeatable with the exception of the brakes pads. I replace pads about every 15,000 miles. It has gotten me through many Northeast snow storms with solid performance.

Comfortable seats Quality interior features and design Excellent off road and poor weather traction

Better brake system

Great SUV
By Molly

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only owned my Jeep for 5 months, but am happy with what I see so far. I drive it to the mountains every weekend and use it to commute to school and have not had a problem yet. The only concern I have is that the gas mileage is not too great.

Tow package, storage, seating, handling in snow is excellent, very easy to put rear seats down and up, quadra trac 4x4 is a really nice feature.

Gas mileage, glove box is small, my front speaker blew for no reason and is 4o bucks to replace, better stock alarm system.

Fun Vehicle
By Maggie

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I love my Jeep. Has provided style and comfort while driving with few problems. It is versatile and is a great traveling vehicle or running errands.

Seating comfort and handling.

Improve the transmission.

Good Enough
By Jesse

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 98000 miles on it. At first I was skeptical to say the least. I was wrong. It is slightly under powered but I think that is solved with the v8. I use this Jeep as a work vehicle and my only complaint is that it won't hold all my tools. I am impressed.

It has very comfortable seats.

More cargo room.

My reliable old friend
By Sanja

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car 7 years ago and it is still running strong! Took it from the east coast to the west coast several times and everywhere in between. It handles great in the snow. Maintenance makes all the difference with this car. Had big problems with the transfer case which was fixed under warranty. Also rotors warped quickly...used ceramic ones and they lasted much longer. Door seals don't fit properly and some transmission issues. Overall, it has started everyday in 100 degree weather or 5 below. Can't beat that.

Lots of room, good sound system, very realiable, great 4x4 performance in winter.

Rotors warping quickly, transfer case problems