Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

does good off road
By josh

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this for a family vehicle and it has done very well it was a 1 owner when purchased @94,000 miles. It now has 121,000 and has had no Major problems I think this is due to the owner before me taking care of it I have had to replace the radiator and idle air control (the iac was causing it to die at idle) and its due for a tune up I do all my own work so no labor to pay for and most of the time after a little searching I can find the new parts I need cheap oil gets changed every 3k miles with mobile1 10w-30 its had it share of offroad and did well overall a decent vehicle if its taken care of I think I love it and would drive on or offroad anywhere

4x4,solid front axle,front seats lean back pretty far (good for naping),heated seats, dana 44 rear axle with limited slip

drop the cd changer its junk, give the A/C system a cabin filter instead of letting it blow dirt allover your dash, bigger fender wells for bigger tires, and please don't make he grill and bumper one piece ever against makes the radiator a pain to remove

Beware before Getting This Jeep!!
By etravel

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck I loved it in the beginning. Its approx a little over a year and it has done nothing but given me problems. The first thing was the driver side window motor and regulator. That was $330 alone. A couple months later the coil pack was going bad (only four out of the eight) that was very pricey. Couple months later my steering wheel fluid was leaking. Next my radiator was leaking, had to replace that thermostat, etc. Then couple months later got a tune up thinking this would help mileage and help it drive somewhat better. The next day the truck shut off while in park. Thinking mite be fuel pump is why car keeps shutting off (due to bad gas months ago) way to much money for maintenance!

Handling, Roomy, Leather Interior, Moonroof, and Very Quite ride

Better gas mileage, have to be selective on which gas to get. It will act up if I go to Getty or gulf. Too many plastic parts on this truck that are pricey. Parts need to last longer.

Always a huge repair bill
By slh629

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Got this Jeep from a family member in 05. It was great until we took it in for inspection. Every time we take it in it costs us on average 800 to 1000 dollars. We drive very little and it has been garage kept and serviced yearly at least. Our new mechanic just told us the next set of repairs would be at least 1300 for the heater blower or something related to the lack of heat when we set it to the warmer settings. He told us it is something that Jeep should have recalled but hasn't. Also the dealer "fixed" the idle lag but it still dies at stop lights after they said they fixed it for about 500. I will never buy a Jeep product again and we are looking for a Toyota or a Honda!

handling, seats, interior space

Improve reliability and get rid of either oval shape or now the box look

Satisfied
By VT

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

You see a lot of negative reviews for these cars but I've been happy with mine. It's up to 145,000 miles and have had very few problems. Gas mileage blows, but duh, it's a V8. Also, I live in VT so getting to the slopes in any conditions is a priority and this thing gets the job done in style!

Comfortable seats, good pick-up, steering wheel controls, Infinity sounds system.

Better standard brakes (dramatic improvement if you put some good ones on after the originals wear out).

I Hate This Jeep!
By Brandi

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

When I bought this truck, I loved it. Since then it has been one thing after another. It started shaking and I found out that the coil packs had to be changed. That wasn't too bad. But then my heater coils and blower motor had to be replaced. That was quite expensive. I can say that it has never left me on the side of the road. That's a plus, but I will never buy one again.

nothing

start over with the entire thing