2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Fun to drive
By david on 08/13/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a used Grand Cherokee about 3 months ago and have had absolutely no problems with it. I bought the V8 and only get about 18 MPG but sold my 3/4 ton suburban for it so the gas mileage is great! Very fast with the V8, have gotten up to 115 in this with virtually no shaking or noises of any kind. I needed a mountain goat for the winter so I can get up the mountain for Skiing and have no concerns with powering through feet of fresh powder.

After 4 1/2 years, we traded it in
By violet7 on 07/28/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep the 4 years we had it. But like another reviewer said, make sure you can afford to maintain the vehicle. I loved driving this car, I always felt safe in it. One problem it seemed with mine was that I always needed new tires. I think I had at least 4 flat tires the years we had it. Not including buying two new sets of tires. The speakers in the top of the dash blew after my husband turned the stereo up way too loud. Finally the radiator and fan blew, then the water pump twice, and the thermostat. (also had to get a new motor for the driver window) Gave up after that.

Grand Problems
By mike on 07/20/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the GC with 35k on it. Had to put a new $500 water pump at 36K. Various small plastic parts were replaced in the door locks. At 96k miles the AC only blows out of the defrost. The cruise control doesn't work. The tweeter speakers crackle. On the other hand the 6 cyl. engine and transmission have been reliable with no problems. Power is good and I get 20 mpg on the highway. The V8 version gets 14. The 10 disc player crapped out at 50k and I replaced the radio with a new Sony unit. Installed ceramic pads on the disc brakes second year I had it.

Don't Buy A Jeep
By reasy on 03/29/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought 2000 Jeep with 35,000 miles, and just a few months of owning our Jeep the back window motor broke, then the drive side, then the passenger side. So we have replaced 3 window motors in 3 years costing $350.00 a piece to replace. Then the battery and alternator went. Then we had to replace the front differential bearings. Now 2 days ago we found out we have to replace the whole engine because the rod bearings broke. This Jeep was bought in excellent condition, not a mark on it. We bought it as a family car we do not go mountain climbing in it, we keep it updated with the oil and fluids change. This is very upsetting and every time I think about this it makes me sick in the stomach.

I'm sold on Jeeps
By RandyM on 03/21/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my 2nd Cherokee. I have enjoyed driving this car although I will never get a 6 cyl. engine in a car this heavy again. I got great mileage but a little sluggish getting on the highway. The overall reliability has been unbeatable with the exception of the brakes pads. I replace pads about every 15,000 miles. It has gotten me through many Northeast snow storms with solid performance.

Great SUV
By Molly on 02/19/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only owned my Jeep for 5 months, but am happy with what I see so far. I drive it to the mountains every weekend and use it to commute to school and have not had a problem yet. The only concern I have is that the gas mileage is not too great.

Fun Vehicle
By Maggie on 01/16/08 05:15 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I love my Jeep. Has provided style and comfort while driving with few problems. It is versatile and is a great traveling vehicle or running errands.

Good Enough
By Jesse on 12/17/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 98000 miles on it. At first I was skeptical to say the least. I was wrong. It is slightly under powered but I think that is solved with the v8. I use this Jeep as a work vehicle and my only complaint is that it won't hold all my tools. I am impressed.

My reliable old friend
By Sanja on 09/18/07 13:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car 7 years ago and it is still running strong! Took it from the east coast to the west coast several times and everywhere in between. It handles great in the snow. Maintenance makes all the difference with this car. Had big problems with the transfer case which was fixed under warranty. Also rotors warped quickly...used ceramic ones and they lasted much longer. Door seals don't fit properly and some transmission issues. Overall, it has started everyday in 100 degree weather or 5 below. Can't beat that.

Great SUV
By joey3407 on 09/11/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

The only problem I had with this Jeep was I had 27000 miles on it and the tranny went and I was not under the warranty. But other then that I love it nothing bad except the tranny