Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Good Vehicle
By bigdaddyju34

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased with 40k miles in 06, currently has about 130k. I have had my fair share of repairs but overall it has been a reliable car for our family. If you have some knowledge of repairs and how to do some repairs you can save a lot of money, if not then you will pay a lot in repairs. I change brake pads twice a year no matter how they look, I change oil every 5k, i clean the injectors about 3 times a year, change plugs every year, 1 new coil pack, 1 water pump, 1 fuel pump, 1 radiator fan relay, 1 starter, 1 serpentine belt, 3 sets of tires, new front differential, 1 left axle, that's all I can think of over the past 4 years, overall a pretty good car.

Infinity Sound System, Sun/Moon Roof, smooth ride, turning radius, 4x4, driving in snow.

Brake light system has a mind of its own, rubber trim on door panels, back hatch actuator.

Great 2WD SUV. Very Reliable.
By SPETERS

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought this with 12,000 miles on it in 2002 and now I have 186,000 miles. It is the 2wd version so it gets ok gas mileage, but not great. Other than a few minor repairs and maintenance, it has not been in the shop. Fit and finish is good. It has been a VERY reliable car. It is fairly comfortable on long trips and has great storage capacity with the back seats down. I love the way the back seats fold completely flat. Holds two dog crates and tons of luggage. The ride is a bit rough and it takes turns like a heavy truck, but other than that is a pleasure to drive. The engine is a V6 and has plenty of pep and low end torque. I don't tow anything so a V6 was fine for me.

Back window that opens without opening the entire tailgate, fold flat rear seats, big storage areas, V6 engine, power seats, leather seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, roof rack

Trip computer display doesn't operate smoothly, headlights aren't real bright, smooth out the ride a bit

Don't do it...run
By lwk1019

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Buying any Jeep GC? - reconsider and run the other way. Me, I/ve owned 3 of them - every year the engineers figure out how to make them cheaper. 1993, 1998, 2000 have finally learned my lesson. They are oh so beautiful but what a mechanical nightmare. Yea, yea, yea I know all about maintaining them - simply junk, mopar junk. The paint is world class and that's it folks.

Appearance - paint, seats

too many to mention

Disapointed
By FAL762

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is pertaining to the limited model with the quadra trac II. Was not a fan of the "all time 4wd". Controlled 4wd seems like it was designed for people who do not know how to use 4wd and need it controlled for them. Brakes were always worn and I was very easy on them. Electronics always seemed to have a problem. The gas line, leak detector, water pump, EVERY seal and gasket, radiator, and lock actuators all went under 75,000 miles. It seemed to have a new leak every month. Parts are extremely expensive. Unknown high pitched wine coming from the front axel. I sold it before I found out what that was. Paint chipped as well.

Smooth ride, lots of interior room. The fold flat seats gave lots of cargo room. I also used it as a tent camping/hunting sometimes as it fits an air mattress or sleeping bag. My mastiffs also liked the room. For an SUV of its size the mileage was not bad.

Overall quality. It ALWAYS had problems. Parts like brakes and shocks wore quickly, so parts that were a bit more heavy duty may have helped. They may have addressed that in the new line, not sure as I got rid of this and got a Wrangler.

Jeep Junk
By Jeep Junk

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Its hard to know where to start, ok, the good, great looks. there done. The bad, everything, always in the shop, from drive line to electrical, heating and a/c to braking to cooling to, well everything. Paint peeling to add to it. worst vehicle i have ever owned, do not purchase this Jeep and year or any other, save yourself the pain and hassle, oh and money. Dealership can never fix it, wish someone would steal it so I would never see it in the drive way again.

Looks.

Build quality, reliability, quality control, ah, scrap it and Chrysler should not have ever taken over Jeep.