Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

It's always been there for me
By LizWolf

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

It never let me down since 12/00. Roominess: I easily transported 5 large dogs & 1 passenger. Easy handling: Temporarily I could only drive with one hand, it was manageable. Relative to height/width handles well in curves; turns tightly, in small areas. Breaks well – very responsive and tight. Gas mileage (use the vehicle’s weight!): 18.6/city. Highway – av. 72 mph - 24 mpg w/o AC, 22.6 mpg/w AC The cruise control leaves a lot to be desired uphill and downhill, where I saw a gain/loss of 5 mph. Both door locking devices went inoperable within 3 years. (1 under warranty, 1 a week after warranty ran out ($160 ea.)

Favorite Features

Roominess, handling, reliability

Suggested Improvements

The Door Locking Devices need to be revamped!

Running Strong
By goodadv

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought this new and have put 108,000 miles on it with no trouble at all. I average 21-22 mpg on the highway and 19-20 around town. You can't find many SUV's that will give this kind of performance. The only thing I have done is change the oil and put gas in the tank. I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I also tow a 2,000lb boat about 15 weekends per year, the in-line 6 has no problems. This is my second Grand Cherokee (also owned 1995) and no problems. My boss and stock broker have same both with in- line 6 and they love them, no problems.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage for an SUV, smooth ride for SUV, and quality components. It's a JEEP!

Suggested Improvements

None.

2000 GCherokee
By jmh2603

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I have over 100,000 miles on my GCherokee. Biggest maintenance was replacement of the water pump. No oil buring, runs great on highway. Secret of longevity is probably the basic in- line six cylinder engine. It's bullet proof.

Favorite Features

Lots of room. Great highway car. I think it gets a bad rap for being high maintenance. I treat it OK, and it treats me OK.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are getting a little soft. I thought they would be a little more long lasting. Replacement would be expensive.

Nice to drive, but too many problems
By Keith Kleissler

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I like the look and feel, great interior and comfort. As great as the creature comforts are the quality is as poor. Does not come close in quality to past foreign vehicles I have owned.

Favorite Features

great interior, nice ride, I like to drive the car

Suggested Improvements

Poor quality,ie: bad fuel pump, axle seals went at 60K miles, transaxle seals at 70K miles, 3 sets brakes in 70K miles, other smaller problems, dealer has poor customer service

i love my jeep
By jeep girl

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I went in blind to buying an suv,but after a few different test tries, I decided on a 2000 JGC ltd.v8 w/Quadra- Drive. More for the money,handles just as good as the expensive models.It takes on the deep snow to hard rains as if it were a sunny day.Drives smooth even on the toughest dirt road. The style looks good.Very comfy inside.Brakes good,but the rotors had to be changed already.All in all I still will buy another jeep.

Favorite Features

heated seats,handling and how it looks

Suggested Improvements

brakes need to be improved,and how about some vents for the backseats.Needs some kind of trim on the window to stop the washer fluid spray from coming back in on you.