Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

GREAT SUV, FUN TO DRIVE
By GPD315

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

FIRST SUV I'VE EVER BOUGHT. IT'S BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE. FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT GAS MILAGE, 6 CYLINDER HAS PLENTY OF POWER. EXTERIOR IS PLESING TO LOOK AT, UNLIKE THE OLD BOX STYLE IT USED TO HAVE. INTERIOR IS DESIGNED APPROPRATLEY FOR DRIVER AND PASSENGER NEEDS.

Favorite Features

THE NEW EXTERIOR STYLE. THE LOADS OF OPTIONS YOU GET HEATED EXTERIOR DOOR MIRRORS FOR ONE (WHICH COULD ONLY BE FOUND WITH EXPENSIVE MODELS). ECT...

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Bad Brakes but Good SUV
By Scarey

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD, I really like the drive and comfort but I am totally irrate about having to get 4 yes FOUR sets of front brake rotors. It started at about 7000-8000 miles and has happened about every 6000-8000 miles. The front brakes pulsate. I spoke to the dealer and they are aware that the problem is common with these SUVs, I also spoke to a customer service directly from Jeep and they said rotors are a wearable item and it must be my driving although a few months later Jeep issued a memo to all dealers informing them that this issue may be happening.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake and rotor problem and take better care of the customer when they call for customer service.

Not as good as I hoped!
By mjp

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Negatives: Rear View not very good Poor Front Brake Design (replaced twice) Poor Power Door Lock Design (replaced 3 times) Poor Fuel Pump Design (replaced once) Would not recommend vehicle to family or friends This is my third Jeep I've owned and will not own another one.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Ride for a Jeep Radio Controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Rear Window View Brakes

2000 Grand Cherokee LTD Makes the Grade
By Kidrocxx

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

With its good sound system, and sun roof it is an excellant driving vehicle in both winter driving and summer use, in Nebraska

Favorite Features

All wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

The seats are very nice, but I tend to slip around off road driving.

Good for me..
By kgl

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Other than the fact that changing out the rear two spark plugs on the engine is a bit of a nightmare...and that a differential case gasket began to leak...the Grand Cherokee has been flawless. Very stable on rainy, wet streets, good to excellent acceleration and plenty of room for 5. Interior has held up very well...no problems there. All power options continue to work without problem. Fit and finish good for an SUV. Overall...one of the best Jeeps I have owned and driven (of 5 so far).

Favorite Features

V8 engine, full time 4 wheel drive, stability on rainy and slick roads, strong passing acceleration, reliable, sturdy..no squeeks or air leaks. Like it better than the Mercedes SUV. Good all around vision.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise a little high as compared to some other SUVs and vehicles. Engine noise a little high as well. Stereo system decent...but not muscular.